Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blind Spot Trailer Monitoring

pwarren

Reaction score
Brand new 2500 Cummins Limited. Can’t locate the Trailer blind spot monitoring. If I have the trailer towing package I should have the feature, correct? Can’t locate in vehicle settings after trailer is plugged in. Any thoughts out there? Seem to have everything else

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the option in the trailer settings menu on the radio?

There's an option to set it to auto or 39.5' max.

pwarren

Reaction score
I don’t think so...I’ll double check. Weird as I have all the other menu settings on the dashboard—trailer brakes, etc. I’ll report back. Thanks!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't recall if it only comes in one of the group levels, like maybe the safety group?

Do you have Adaptive cruise (ACC), Forward collision warning (FCW), etc?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two distinct towing packages. One hardware, one software.

If you have surround view, you should have the trailer blind spot monitoring..

1599026505979.png

1599026438216.png

g00fy

Reaction score
Can someone confirm whether or not a truck with trailer blindspot monitoring has different hardware than a truck with standard blind spot monitoring? I would think it's the same hardware with different software settings, so I've been digging through alfaOBD to try and enable Trailer Blind Spot monitoring on my truck, but so far all i've been able to do is enable the menu option in my Uconnect, but it doesn't actually let me select anything in that menu.

pwarren

Reaction score
Thanks. I do have surround view. Going to check with dealer to see if I need a software add. More to come.

pwarren

Reaction score
Looks like it is 2020 only—I’m 2019 so don’t have it.

Nick

Reaction score
If you tow a 5th wheel it doesn't work anyway because the sensors are blocked

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I've set my trailer to conventional and it kinda works and doesn't alarm or anything. I suspect with a dropframe (widebody) fifth, it might not be so happy. In either case, I don't trust it 100%.

HORam

Reaction score
Can someone confirm whether or not a truck with trailer blindspot monitoring has different hardware than a truck with standard blind spot monitoring? I would think it's the same hardware with different software settings, so I've been digging through alfaOBD to try and enable Trailer Blind Spot monitoring on my truck, but so far all i've been able to do is enable the menu option in my Uconnect, but it doesn't actually let me select anything in that menu.
Did anybody ever find out if it is possible to retrofit to a 19 with existing blis?

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

BroGo

Reaction score
I've set my trailer to conventional and it kinda works and doesn't alarm or anything. I suspect with a dropframe (widebody) fifth, it might not be so happy. In either case, I don't trust it 100%.

It sounds like my truck will finally be at the dealership this week. I didn’t realize this feature wouldn’t work on a 5th wheel… kinda sucks. I’ll give setting it up as a conventional trailer a whirl and see how that works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JABAR357

Reaction score
It sounds like my truck will finally be at the dealership this week. I didn’t realize this feature wouldn’t work on a 5th wheel… kinda sucks. I’ll give setting it up as a conventional trailer a whirl and see how that works

I agree! I learned the same thing.

Tlpollock

Reaction score

I did not know it didn’t work on 5th wheel ..

BroGo

Reaction score
Nope, confirmed it doesn’t work on 5th wheel. I chose “conventional trailer” to see how it would react and it was no bueno

Users who are viewing this thread