Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Screen

leeparnell89

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the 8.4 Uconnect going completely black? It will come on and receive calls and let me talk through it but blacks back out when the call is ended. For some reason it will also come on for the back up camera to function but goes black as soon as it’s put into park. This happened at some point in the 5 min it took me to pick up a pizza while leaving the truck running. I tried killing the truck and firing it back up several times to no avail. This is a new issue added on top of a trans issue and a leaking rear diff that I’m not terribly happy about on a brand new pickup. Headed to the dealer in the morning but my luck is everything will be back to normal. Wanting to see if any of you guys have had this issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
Mine failed to come on one time, but I turned the truck off and back on and the problem resolved itself for now!

leeparnell89

Reaction score
The issue ended up staying and was still happening the next morning at the dealer. They pushed an update and it’s fixed for now. Will keep this updated if any further issues arise.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Have had this happen a couple of times as well. Pretty frustrating for sure. Will have to check for a Uconnect update but figured there'd be a notification somewhere... I mean my Tesla tells me when there's an update available...

leeparnell89

Reaction score
Yeah that’s the first thing I tried several times when mine went black because I thought I might have inadvertently hit it but it wouldn’t kick it back on. No ram logo on starting or seatbelt dings or anything. Thankfully pushing an update and a hard reset at the dealer worked.

Dirtbike220

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the 8.4 Uconnect going completely black? It will come on and receive calls and let me talk through it but blacks back out when the call is ended. For some reason it will also come on for the back up camera to function but goes black as soon as it’s put into park. This happened at some point in the 5 min it took me to pick up a pizza while leaving the truck running. I tried killing the truck and firing it back up several times to no avail. This is a new issue added on top of a trans issue and a leaking rear diff that I’m not terribly happy about on a brand new pickup. Headed to the dealer in the morning but my luck is everything will be back to normal. Wanting to see if any of you guys have had this issue as well.

I have a similar issue, my second installed radio is blinking, unresponsive and goes dark. I tried resetting it, but does not help, 2019 ram 3500 chassis cab. It does not appear that this can be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread