Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black plastics/bumpers

jetrinka

Reaction score
Anyone else have a heck of a time getting the black fender liners and black textured powder coated bumpers clean? It’s insane the amount of scrubbing it seems to take!

Any products you guys know of to help?

2powerwagons

Reaction score
Nope. I use a foam cannon on the pressure washer to pre soak the truck before washing.

The only thing I use on the truck is spray Turtle wax ICE.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Can that spray wax be applied to plastics without it turning white?

jetrinka

Reaction score
I heard dirt helps. Protects them from the UV haha.
haha it certainly helps keep things uniform. Had it up on some logging roads this weekend dinking around. It got pressure washed underneath when it got back home. Dirty girl!!!

mcarey

Reaction score
I've noticed the textured portions being a bitch to clean in comparison to the rest of the truck. Well aside from the windshield and and roof, lol. Even when using the power washer, and assorted prewash options at the DIY wash.

I'll usually just use a damp chamois and rub the flares a bit when I get home. Works well enough.

2powerwagons

Reaction score
haha it certainly helps keep things uniform. Had it up on some logging roads this weekend dinking around. It got pressure washed underneath when it got back home. Dirty girl!!!

My truck never gets washed when I'm at my place in WV. No point as it's all gravel FS roads. It's either covered in a layer of dust or mud, or both. I clean it once I return to the land of paved roads. :p

Users who are viewing this thread