Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tires for a 35OO HD Cummins with Aisin

Foster Performance

Reaction score
We are looking to replace our factory tires. Truck came with Nexen tires and the front tires have worn unevenly and very quickly at that. We currently have 26,000 miles on our 2022 3500 Laramie. Tires have been rotated as directed. I have read several posts that the Nexen tires are not quality tires, so I am looking for advice on what would be quality tires: all terrain, all weather, designed for heavy loads and towing. Thanks in advance!

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
Falken AT3. Cooper Tire AT3. Toyo Tire. Those would be a good start. Check your Alignment. Look at the Thuren Spec for front wheel alignment.

Foster Performance

Reaction score
Nexan tires sounds like a dually, best to provide more info about the truck and driving/towing needs.

wet/snow traction, terrain, heavy towing, etc.
Yes, it’s a dually. Used for towing a 4 horse slant trailer with living quarters (40ft) and a 42 ft 5th wheel travel trailer. Mostly highway use, so snow and rough terrain not really an issue but need decent traction in wet areas.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Michelin LTX historically wear like iron and check a lot of boxes.

FWIW, I have Falken A/T3W but would probably run the LTX if I had a paved road dually.

neutroniens

Reaction score
All the above are good suggestions. I have the Falken A/T3W in 255/80R17 on my DRW. So far I like them. If you like watching tire reviews. Check This guys reveiws out. I'm sure some people wont agree with him but his reviews give some good info and lots of good views off different tires. Next best thing to actually going to the tire shop for some hands on touchy feely.

Foster Performance

Reaction score
All the above are good suggestions. I have the Falken A/T3W in 255/80R17 on my DRW. So far I like them. If you like watching tire reviews. Check This guys reveiws out. I'm sure some people wont agree with him but his reviews give some good info and lots of good views off different tires. Next best thing to actually going to the tire shop for some hands on touchy feely.
Thanks! I will check it out.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I run the Cooper HT3’s on my 5th wheel and think they would make a great pickup highway tire.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
There isn’t a “best tire” for a 3500. You have to decide what is important to you. How you use your truck is the most important factor and possibly how you want your truck to look.

Tire opinions from forum members are highly anecdotal and are similar to muffler opinions. It is important to check tire reviews but take them with a grain of salt. Tire rack has some of the best tire reviews and people on this forum have some of the worst tire reviews.

I like to start with size and load and then consider tire weight as a high priority followed by tread depth and mileage warranty. I can’t lie, I also consider how the tires looks as that is an important metric to me. Finally, tire price is a consideration.

This post is my opinion and it is just as bad as anyone else’s opinion. In my opinion (;

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There isn’t a “best tire” for a 3500. You have to decide what is important to you. How you use your truck is the most important factor and possibly how you want your truck to look.

Tire opinions from forum members are highly anecdotal and are similar to muffler opinions. It is important to check tire reviews but take them with a grain of salt. Tire rack has some of the best tire reviews and people on this forum have some of the worst tire reviews.

I like to start with size and load and then consider tire weight as a high priority followed by tread depth and mileage warranty. I can’t lie, I also consider how the tires looks as that is an important metric to me. Finally, tire price is a consideration.

This post is my opinion and it is just as bad as anyone else’s opinion. In my opinion (;
Opinions are like buttholes, some are just better than others. ;)

Foster Performance

Reaction score

I do a considerable amount of research, including reading reviews from many different resources before I commit to buying anything. The purpose of posting in this forum wasn’t to identify a “best tire”. It was to get different opinions…..so, thank you for yours.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
You should have gotten a 3500 with the 68RFE. Way more tire options with that transmission. Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Your transmission option has nothing to do with the rubber that goes around your wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread