Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed covers that open from the front

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Other than the diamondback and the Extang Encore, are there any bed covers for our trucks that give you the option to open just the front portion? I've currently got a tri-fold, and I'm getting tired of having to move a bunch of stuff to get to a bunch of other stuff because wherever I put the stuff I want it is inevitably behind the stuff I don't want...until I rearrange my stuff. I'm thinking a butterfly style cover would be more betterer.

I don't have, or want, a truck top tent so bonus if it's strong enough I can sleep on in decent weather.

Anyone with experience with either, or both, of the above options is welcome to chime in as well and would be appreciated.

swat645

Reaction score
I have a Truxedo Duece 2. It opens like a normal bed cover or the front 1/3 opens to allow me access to fill up my aux tank. Has worked great for me.

maxx442

Reaction score
I talked to Extang about a year ago and they do not make the Encore to fit our trucks. That may have changed. I bought a retractable tonneau as a result.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
So it looks like diamondback is the only option for a hard cover that can open in the front and won't freeze shut if iced over?

Users who are viewing this thread