Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks pedalmonster question

CFE

Reaction score
Local shop is doing the amp powersteps today (Amongst a few other things) and they use the obd port for power/control. I'm waiting for Banks tech support to call back but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here. Can I just unplug the pedalmonster from the obd port without restoring the throttle map back to stock?

Figure I will have to buy a obd Y splitter to run both the powersteps and pedalmonster until i decide to go with a legal tune.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Local shop is doing the amp powersteps today (Amongst a few other things) and they use the obd port for power/control. I'm waiting for Banks tech support to call back but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here. Can I just unplug the pedalmonster from the obd port without restoring the throttle map back to stock?

Figure I will have to buy a obd Y splitter to run both the powersteps and pedalmonster until i decide to go with a legal tune.
You are not changing anything on the truck with the throttle map the OBD2 port is mostly just for power so no you dint have to change it

jbncccb

Reaction score
Yes I've driven mine with it unplugged to the dealer. Worked just fine except it makes you realize how much the pedal monster makes a difference. You'll have that Y splitter in no more than a week I bet. Banks sells a splitter just for this issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CFE

mike12193

Reaction score
I use my pedal monster with A Tazer Hd. I use a y cable and everything works fine for me. Maybe a option for you if you want to use both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFE

Reaction score
Appreciate the responses gentlemen

cquilichini

Reaction score
I do my AMP Powersteps and Pedal Monster with a Y OBD-Splitter from Amazon.

CFE

Reaction score
I do my AMP Powersteps and Pedal Monster with a Y OBD-Splitter from Amazon.
yea, i went with a 3x split obd cable - to give me the opportunity to plug in alfaobd if needed. each line has it own off/on switch.

cquilichini

Reaction score
yea, i went with a 3x split obd cable - to give me the opportunity to plug in alfaobd if needed. each line has it own off/on switch.
can you share the link to the splitter you used? Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

joelp

Reaction score
so with that 3 way you can pedal commander, amp steps, and obdlink for logging? and they all work simultaneously?

Users who are viewing this thread