Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks pedal monster question

jbncccb

Reaction score
Would adding this gadget decrease the life of the 68rfe? Normal type driving, ie no burnouts, racing, etc. Just thinking if it is increasing fuel to the engine wouldn't the transmission have to go through the gears faster and thus potentially damaging or wearing more on the transmission?

I know some cars come with driving modes, such as sport mode, snow mode, etc. I always thought those changed the shift points on the tranny vs just adding fuel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Would adding this gadget decrease the life of the 68rfe? Normal type driving, ie no burnouts, racing, etc. Just thinking if it is increasing fuel to the engine wouldn't the transmission have to go through the gears faster and thus potentially damaging or wearing more on the transmission?

I know some cars come with driving modes, such as sport mode, snow mode, etc. I always thought those changed the shift points on the tranny vs just adding fuel.

It does none of what you think it does it just changes the throttle position sensor values at the pedal so it thinks the pedal is getting pressed further than it is. There is no tuning or change to the engine or trans in any way it just tunes the pedal, just mash the pedal for similar results

jbncccb

Reaction score
It would be great if the phone app would display on the screen through Android Auto. I assume it doesn't do that. Plan on ordering one later this month. Sounds like there really is no down side.

Zrojas

Reaction score
I guess it would be nice if you could interact with the app in Android auto, but you can't make adjustments while the vehicle is in motion anyway, so I'm not sure how much value it would be. I played with different settings for a while and then I pretty much haven't changed it since I found the sweet spot for me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

pat s

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what setting do you find is the sweet spot for you? I know it's all about preference but I'm curious as to where others prefer it.

jbncccb

Reaction score
Mine stays on Sport, one or two clicks above half.

Users who are viewing this thread