Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banks 5" monster exhaust question

mggray87

Reaction score
I know it adds nothing in regards to performance and sound. Here is my dilemma.

I bought my used 2019 ram 2500 6.7L used over a month ago. The last owner had some stupid dinner plate exhaust tip 8" or bigger it was so dumb. As soon I drove it home got in my driveway I took it off. Dummies fit it by cutting back the exhaust. Hacked it. Not even a clean cut and it's close to that first bend behind the tire. I immediately ordered a mbrp 4" inlet to 5" black 12" tip it works for now. I think the angle is a bit off because of it being onto the bend. So I'm thinking of getting a filter back exhaust just to fix the exhaust to come out at the right angle and stick out properly... Will the monster exhaust fit with OEM rear air bags? And I added 5th wheel package to the truck ? I'm open for different exhaust manufacturers as well. Not married to banks. They are most expensive it seems too. Or sell me on just leaving it alone. Lol
PXL_20230627_230024177.jpgPXL_20230627_230030654.jpg

mggray87

Reaction score
I actually wish I went 6". But already bought this 5 lol

mggray87

Reaction score
My opinion is to leave it as is, it looks pretty good. As stated earlier paint the rest of the tail pipe black and it will be perfect.
Is there a paint on high temp. So I don't have to spray it under truck.

Riddick

Reaction score
Is there a paint on high temp. So I don't have to spray it under truck.
Local auto parts store will carry high temp engine paint/header paint. I previously used black grill paint from Lowes to spray some mufflers. Very cheap and held up for years, took 850 RWHP and multiple low 9 second 1/4 mile passes. You can spray it with exhaust installed. I would use a piece of cardboard and place it behind where you are spraying to catch the overspray, I would remove the tip prior to painting.

Users who are viewing this thread