Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad shock on new 2021 2500

parsonj

Reaction score
I'm also waiting on a shock for my truck with 10000Km. I have the bilsteins from the offroad package. Its been about 5 weeks now and im told approx another 5weeks till it arrives.
My service rep says they got a shipment of shocks in Detroit last week. The regional service rep says we need to wait until the 10th (the last ETA) before considering alternatives. I’ll update.
I believe I found after-market suppliers with the Bilsteins in stock.

madmat

Reaction score
My service rep says they got a shipment of shocks in Detroit last week. The regional service rep says we need to wait until the 10th (the last ETA) before considering alternatives. I’ll update.
I believe I found after-market suppliers with the Bilsteins in stock.
I would actually really like to swap my shocks out for different aftermarket ones or maybe even the regualr non bilstein ones. Maybe its just my trucks configuration but i find the shocks are horrible at dampening(or have too much rebound) over smaller highway imperfections. I've driven a non bilstein 2500(Short box though) and it was much smoother on the same stretch of highway.

Bill2e

Reaction score
I have a 21 - 3500

They noticed a bad shock on the first oil change. I am also waiting on parts.

May go look for aftermarket

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I would actually really like to swap my shocks out for different aftermarket ones or maybe even the regualr non bilstein ones. Maybe its just my trucks configuration but i find the shocks are horrible at dampening(or have too much rebound) over smaller highway imperfections. I've driven a non bilstein 2500(Short box though) and it was much smoother on the same stretch of highway.

Shocks/springs are a big component of it, but different wheelbase trucks will feel different on the same stretch of the road. If you get that perfect match it sets up that small bounce that can drive you bonkers. I had that in my old truck on a few short stretches oh highway.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The bilsteins are miles ahead of the regular shocks they offer so aftermarket may be better, the extra wheel base can had a different feel on bumps

Ram911

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life.

Just bought some Fox shocks for my 2021 ram 2500 6.7. I took off the passenger side first and the shock was bad. I have 30,000 miles. It says its a gas shock but does not rebound after pushing it down. I am still under warranty, but figure why should I have them replaced they suck. Hope the Fox shocks do me justice.

Anyone running Fox on their HD?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
My 2020 blew a rear shock in under 10K.

Since I couldn't wait for the dealer appt, they wouldn't really cover anything because I replaced with 5100's, but I made them put it into the service records anyway and made them dispose of them.

Users who are viewing this thread