Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup camera activation

astineburg

Reaction score
I have a 2018 2500 Tradesman with backup camera. Using AplhaOBD, Is it possible to activate the camera while in Drive? I’d like to be able to periodically check trailer hookup without pulling over.

Thanks

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 2500 Tradesman with backup camera. Using AplhaOBD, Is it possible to activate the camera while in Drive? I’d like to be able to periodically check trailer hookup without pulling over.

Thanks

I didn’t have to do anything with AlfaOBD to utilize my 2018’s rear view camera in drive. There was an option for it on the 8.4” screen.

Which radio do you have? Where is your rear camera displayed?

Last edited:

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
As far as I've seen, Naviks or Tazer would be your only solutions, as that requires a man-in-the-middle type of instruction that AlfaOBD just doesn't perform.

MtnRider

Reaction score
It works with the 8.4 display from the factory so I'm guessing your radio is going to be the limiting factor here. I have a button to turn on my rear or cargo cam while driving. It times out after ~10 seconds or so but you can turn it on to look.

Users who are viewing this thread