Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back up Alarm issue

nico1234

Reaction score
Hello, I just purchased my 2nd Ram truck. It's a 2020 ram 3500, Laramie, used obviously. Not sure if the previous owner had the setting on, or the dealer put the back up alarm on, but I cannot seem to figure it out. Upon reading some forum/google posts, I first checked to see if I could just turn it off from the EVIC screen, but this truck doesn't seem to have the commercial setting in the evic scroll, so that was a no go. After that, I thought I'd just pull the fuse, but upon pulling the fuse, the alarm still beeped when I put the truck in reverse. So after those two attempts, I decided to drop the spare and look for the speaker/alarm, but couldn't see a thing; now it's dark and I'm out of ideas.
Does anyone have a diagram/image where the alarm should be? Or am I crazy and the previous owner stuffed one under somewhere (my suspicion) and has the speaker wired into the reverse lights.

Grey

Reaction score
Should be a on/off setting in the screen or dash system, although I dont know your model for sure. That fails , I believe it is behind the spare tire, should be a square box type. You may have to remove the spare tire to get to it. Could be an aftermarket add on.

Users who are viewing this thread