Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

B&W RVK3400 - 20k Slider 5th wheel setup for BW Turnoverball hitch, suggestion on where to sell

spg993tt

Reaction score
long story short, we had a short bed 3500. we had the dealer put in the BW turnoverball hitch which we've used many times before on other trucks. works great. we bought the RVK 3400 BW 5th wheel 20k hitch with the nice slider for it. works great. the hauler who was bringing us the truck which was new also stopped to grab our trailer and boneheaded it and turned too sharply and with 600 miles on the odometer , popped out the rear window and a small dent ont he cab. the hauler co fixed it, wasnt bad like 1200 bucks...but we moaned enough that the dealer agreed to take back the truck and we ended up going with the long bed which we have for the others. i was worried about toying a monster 5th wheel with a shortbed even with a slider, that worry got realized trip1. anyway, all is corrected now. in the long bed we put in the bw24k turnover but not the slider. smaller, sleeker, a bit more weight carrying, and lighter to remove.

anyway, we have the RVK3400, which is the bw 5th wheel on the bw sliders. i have it posted on ebay. like 800 bucks, retails 1800. its new other than the 1 ill-fated trip. zero wear or anything on it. probably 150 miles on it. works great very nice, but we dont need it in the long bed and have no use for it. the dealer sold us the non-slider version at cost so we just want to sell this and not have a massive paper weight in the garage.
anyone up here need something like that, or, where/what site do you think would be right to post it for sale?

if this is the wrong place for this,let me know and i can move it. obviously a bit of a for sale angle, but also trying to figure out amongst an experienced group where this might be best posted. probably first bw hitch we've ever sold. they last.

Attachments

• 5th.jpg
    5th.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210410_114050_resized.jpg
    20210410_114050_resized.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20210410_114102_resized.jpg
    20210410_114102_resized.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20210410_114107_resized.jpg
    20210410_114107_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31

RV_Goose

Reaction score
long story short, we had a short bed 3500. we had the dealer put in the BW turnoverball hitch which we've used many times before on other trucks. works great. we bought the RVK 3400 BW 5th wheel 20k hitch with the nice slider for it. works great. the hauler who was bringing us the truck which was new also stopped to grab our trailer and boneheaded it and turned too sharply and with 600 miles on the odometer , popped out the rear window and a small dent ont he cab. the hauler co fixed it, wasnt bad like 1200 bucks...but we moaned enough that the dealer agreed to take back the truck and we ended up going with the long bed which we have for the others. i was worried about toying a monster 5th wheel with a shortbed even with a slider, that worry got realized trip1. anyway, all is corrected now. in the long bed we put in the bw24k turnover but not the slider. smaller, sleeker, a bit more weight carrying, and lighter to remove.

anyway, we have the RVK3400, which is the bw 5th wheel on the bw sliders. i have it posted on ebay. like 800 bucks, retails 1800. its new other than the 1 ill-fated trip. zero wear or anything on it. probably 150 miles on it. works great very nice, but we dont need it in the long bed and have no use for it. the dealer sold us the non-slider version at cost so we just want to sell this and not have a massive paper weight in the garage.
anyone up here need something like that, or, where/what site do you think would be right to post it for sale?

if this is the wrong place for this,let me know and i can move it. obviously a bit of a for sale angle, but also trying to figure out amongst an experienced group where this might be best posted. probably first bw hitch we've ever sold. they last.
That's why I like auto sliders. Had one in my 2500 for 5 years. Now have a lingben dually so have a regular hitch.

spg993tt

Reaction score
yeah, maybe should have gone that route but all those sliders are so heavy.
That's why I like auto sliders. Had one in my 2500 for 5 years. Now have a lingben dually so have a regular hitch.

BurnMac42

Reaction score
I just texted my brother...you guys can correct me if I am wrong but isn't this the hitch that works with the Ram box's?

spg993tt

Reaction score
you mean the storage boxes that are on each side of the truck? t his will fit beds that have ram box for sure. it simply requires the BW turnover ball hitch installed. its about a 300 to4 00 buck piece and takes 2 hours to install. then you have 30k gooseneck towing, and then this RVK 3400 fits into the gooseneck ball opening. i love the bw turnover gooseneck hitch, one of the strongest, and very easy to work with, and again, you take out the ball, and then this 5th wheel rvk3400 slides into the opening where the gooseneck ball was. (put the ball in your truck for storage). very nice kit. here's a link to the turnoverball hitch from BW https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/product/turnoverball-gooseneck-hitch
this is NOT included in the sale. what is for sale is RVK 3400. which is the BW 5th wheel hitch , slider version, which is used on those turnoverb all setups.
its call a "Companion slider 5th wheel hitch, ) it has a center post which slips into the opening from the turnover ball setup and then you've got a great sliding hitch setup.
https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/product/companion-slider-fifth-wheel-hitch
, the Companion Slider uses the same great coupler but with a slider designed to give you 12 inches of extra room for maneuvering. Like every hitch in our Companion series, it offers a jerk-free ride and easy hook-up and removal for a level bed—all without sacrificing sturdiness, reliability, or towing power. Plus, you have the option to tow a fifth wheel or gooseneck hitch with the same system.
MSRP: $1710.00

retail is $1750. a chance to own it at half price. its new other than 1 x 1 hour trip.
customer went with a long bed and we have no use for it as we have long beds for all our shop trucks.
if you have other questions, pm me and ill send you my cell to call.

Users who are viewing this thread