Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switch Wiring

Haleme

Reaction score
I am adding Aux Switches to my 2018 2500. It did not come with the Upfitters prep, Snow Chief or any options I can see to support Aux switches.

That said, I have purchased the correct switch panel to replace my existing panel and the kit from AirDelete.com to complete the job.

My question on the wiring is on what I found from the factory when I started to do the install.

The factory wiring already has the 5 wires built in for Aux switches.

Finger Thumb Engineering Electrical wiring Wrist

The colors perfectly match the Upfitters Schematic for my truck, so I reason these are the wires that would be used to go to the Aux relay box if it was built from the factory.
Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram

I also found I have the blunt cut wires under the PDC.
Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Auto part

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Document

So, the question is, where do these 5 wires in the dash terminate?

MtnRider

Reaction score
They go to one of the inline body connectors (IP3) but pretty sure they dead end there. Either way the kit you bought jumps around that so just install it like they show. It passes the power/gnd and LIN bus wires through, and takes the aux switches straight to the new relay box.

Haleme

Reaction score
Right, I got that part on the kit I purchased.

I was hoping if the wires dead ended in the engine compartment, I could hook the kit into those ends and forego making another hole in the firewall.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Right, I got that part on the kit I purchased.

I was hoping if the wires dead ended in the engine compartment, I could hook the kit into those ends and forego making another hole in the firewall.

No, they dead end in the cab

Haleme

Reaction score
Oh well. Thanks for getting back to me. Really appreciate it.

I just installed the switch panel with the supplied harness and is working great.

Do you know if enabling the commercial settings via AlfaOBD will all me to control battery or ignition and memory of last position?

It appers 1 and 2 are on battery and 3, 4 and 5 are ignition. 3 and 4 appear to remember last position between ignition cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread