Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aux Power above the tire - What fuse / rating?

JeepingNet

Reaction score
I'm not sure all Rams have this, but above my spare tire is Aux Power that I believe is there if you are installing a topper/etc. I was trying to find out more information on it and spent the last hour searching, but I don't know what it's called and what to really look for.

1. What is the max on this circuit
2. What fuse would power this

I want to get power to my box to run a few items, and I am just trying to decide if I'll run from here (very easy) or run from the battery and fish a cable back.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a 3rd brake light wire, and if you have AUX switches, a BAT+ and IGN+ wire that has to be jumped inside the cab to have power.

JeepingNet

Reaction score
There's a 3rd brake light wire, and if you have AUX switches, a BAT+ and IGN+ wire that has to be jumped inside the cab to have power.

Perfect, that got me all the info I needed! Also, it's not worth me trying to use them, so I'll just run a cable from the battery to the back. Which I tend to prefer anyway to isolate from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread