Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attaching chains to RAM class V hitch loops

RV_Goose

Reaction score
The loops on the RAM trailer hitch are kinda small. The trailers with the clevis hooks will not securely attach. I bought some D-ring shackles that work okay, but are noisy.

What are other doing. Why are those loops so small? Especially on a class 5 hitch.

Wileykid

Reaction score
The loops on the RAM trailer hitch are kinda small. The trailers with the clevis hooks will not securely attach. I bought some D-ring shackles that work okay, but are noisy.

What are other doing. Why are those loops so small? Especially on a class 5 hitch.

I bought some bigger hooks at Tractor Supply, easy to switch. Not near my trailer now, but the hooks have a higher weight rating than the original on my trailer, and only slightly bigger (just a bigger spacing inside the hook). Something like $20-30. The Chevy's also have the same problem, not sure about the Fords.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Its always a pain why the hook holes are small even the GN drop in ball kits can have to small of hook holes

Users who are viewing this thread