Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have experience with Edge Evolution CTS3 or Insight CTS3?

Believer45

Reaction score
I had the original Edge Evolution CTS in my 95 F250 7.3 diesel and rather liked it. I currently have a 2011 Ram 2500 6.7 and am considering either an Evolution CTS3 programmer or an Insight CTS3 monitor. Has anyone had one in an early 4th generation RAM diesel? I would like to get actual experiences with either or both of these and have not been able to find any relevant reviews.

Dave / Believer45

flan

Reaction score
I feel like I have seen people on here mention them, maybe someone will be along to help answer your question....

Believer45

Reaction score
I am surprised there have been no replies to this or a thread on another forum. I would think folks have used one but the current EPA attention to emissions tampering may have folks unwilling to discuss possible modifications to their trucks. The current Edge products do not disable emissions equipment and will not perform on deleted trucks according to their web site. They are also 50 state emission compliant.

Dave / Belever45

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a CTS3 on my 22 and had a CTS2 on my 18. Both work decent and have some nice features. I had a MM3/Touch on my 05 and liked it better than the CTS2, not sure about the CTS3.

I personally wouldn’t run Edge tuning. I’ve never been impressed with what I have seen with it, but I’ve also never ran it. If you go with Edge tubing get a programmer and not a module.

Believer45

Reaction score
AH64ID thanks for taking time to reply. I had the original version of the CTS in my 95 F250 and really liked it. Power gains were not large but the original 7.3 was limited by the injectors so not much could be done with an otherwise stock engine. The monitoring capabilities were what I really liked,

A quick look at the MM3 looks like it is more for custom tuning than I am really capable of using. I am not that computer literate. Give me a carbureted 327 small block and I can have some real fun with it. My 6.7 is all stock and functional as built. What I am really after is the monitoring capabilities when towing. I find that 350 HP and 650 lb/ft of torque is sufficient for my needs. My only reason for considering the Evolution instead of the Insight is the little kid living in me that might have fun with the tunes and a possible fuel economy improvement, although I did not see much help on my 7.3.
`
Dave / Believer45

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The MM3 does take custom tuning, which can be done yourself or purchased. The Touch comes with box tunes.

If the stock power is adequate I’d probably go with a CTS3, one of which is in the classified ads right now for a good price.

UglyViking

Reaction score
It's not really clear if you're asking for feedback on the box tunes from edge or the monitor itself. If you're asking about the box tunes, I don't personally have experience with them but I'll tell you that I dislike box tunes as a general statement. If I'm gonna spend the money I'm gonna work with a tuner, full stop.

As for the monitor. I've got the CTS3 in my 5th gen and 4th gen. It performs well, have had some issues that have finally been worked out on the 5th gen. I'd be interested in trying the banks idash setup, but the cost is too high to chain the system together vs what you get, and I don't think a single pod is adequate.

Believer45

Reaction score
AH64D thank you for the response and feedback. Looks like the Insight CTS3 is sold. Too bad for me.

UglyViking, thank you for your reply. I am looking for feedback on the monitor functions on both the Evolution and the insight along with any impressions on the tunes of the Evolution. I am thinking to get the Evolution just to play with the smallish gains of the tunes but primarily want the monitoring capabilities of the Insight. I am wondering if the tunes are worth the price difference mostly as a toy and if there were any fuel efficiency gains using any of the tunes.

Diesel Pusher

Reaction score
I have one in my truck and it works great. I do not use for tuning because my truck is still under warranty. All I use it for is to monitor different parameters that the truck doesn't give us. Sensors and temperatures in particular to the Emissions (EGT Sensors 1-4), ECT, TFT, Torque Output, Horsepower, Fuel Rail Pressure to name a few. Hope this helps some.

Believer45

Reaction score
Diesel Pusher, thank you for the reply. It does help. I am leaning toward the Evolution tuner to have a little fun with the tunes along with what I want to monitor.

Thank you again --- Dave / Believe45

popeye2002

Reaction score
I have the Dodge/Ram Diesel Evolution CTS3 2003-2012 that I pulled out of my 08 before I sold it. PM me if you are interested

Users who are viewing this thread