Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ALL SOUNDS MUTED IN 2022 2500

5Willy2

Reaction score
Had issue the other day, driving truck in town all systems working fine. Went to store, locked truck. Returned and started and no sounds from radio (am, fm, sirius,no streaming,to hands free ph, pushed uconnect blue button to speak w rep no go, no warning tone from front and rear parking sensor etc... Nothing), the truck drove normal. Called 3 dealerships in area (California) and ALL said they only have one electrical tech, will have to wait 10-14 days to be seen by tech. ? Online looking for a soft/hard reset of radio. Did all no go, on same day. No notifications on uconnect. Returned to truck next day and all worked. Per blogs state an audio amplifier issue. Does anyone have the fix, since I tried every reset. Not sure which one worked after waiting a day to restart.
Hopefully a recall will come out since the truck is less than a year old
Willy

jsalbre

Reaction score
Had issue the other day, driving truck in town all systems working fine. Went to store, locked truck. Returned and started and no sounds from radio (am, fm, sirius,no streaming,to hands free ph, pushed uconnect blue button to speak w rep no go, no warning tone from front and rear parking sensor etc... Nothing), the truck drove normal. Called 3 dealerships in area (California) and ALL said they only have one electrical tech, will have to wait 10-14 days to be seen by tech. ? Online looking for a soft/hard reset of radio. Did all no go, on same day. No notifications on uconnect. Returned to truck next day and all worked. Per blogs state an audio amplifier issue. Does anyone have the fix, since I tried every reset. Not sure which one worked after waiting a day to restart.
Hopefully a recall will come out since the truck is less than a year old
Willy

My 2020 with the 12" had this happen on occasion. It was basically the amplifier failing to start up. The fix for me was pulling the fuse, which isn't in the fuse box, it's a standalone fuse holder along a harness on the passenger side of the engine compartment. That may only apply to 2019-20 trucks though.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize the data I was asking for was in the post title. The rest of my comment still remains though.

Edit 2: Typo correction "onset" to "isn't". I can't type today.

Last edited:

5Willy2

Reaction score
2022 Ram 2500 diesel. uconnect 5 8.4 inch display
Next time I'll try that fix, hopefully there will not be another time. If anyone has another option that would be appreciated. but I'll try the fuse pull first. If this is reoccuring I'll need to take it in for the amp replacement.
will look for a tsb in the future

Users who are viewing this thread