Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AEV Procal Snap experience

HarryDangler

Reaction score
‘22 PW Lvl3, 35” tires. Bought a procal, the new one with the “bf” part number. Item paired easily as described. Attempted to set tire size and nothing. Attempted many times. Nothing. At some point I certainly held longer than 3 seconds waiting for the beep. After a bit I was irritated and removed the device. I went to drive later and upon start up, every single alarm and warning was on, and I mean every.
After some phone calls, apparently it is possible to zero out your tire size if you hold the brake / button combo too long. This makes the truck freak out because it has no value for tires and is rendered a 7k lbs lawn ornament. Nowhere is this pitfall listed in the instructions.
It required several random attempts of removing the module and trying the steps over and eventually the horn beeped indicating the entry was accepted. This removed all the alarms except a check engine light and the truck was able to drive.
Because I’ve gone soft I use the remote start and this too was now not working. After a day of driving the engine light cleared itself and now the remote start works again.
So, the product did as advertised I changed my tire size and tpms setting and all is well. This is just a personal experience to help somebody in case you encounter the same. Not too many things can piss you off like thinking you spent $200 to cripple your $75k truck…

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Get JScan or AlfaOBD next time. Cheaper and lets you do lots of other stuff too.

Users who are viewing this thread