Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adventure Ram - MITS Alloy / Four Wheel Camper

HitchCrack

Reaction score
Figured I would post up my setup and show everyone what we have done with our '22 2500.

Suspension is the Carli Pintop with radius arms and Thuren sway bar. The truck orignally came with factory rear air. I did the lift kit with the factory air but after using the truck with a lot of weight on it quickly found out the rear air was to soft and was getting a lot of side to side sways. Removed the factory air and installed the Carli R2 coils with Airlift 5000 air bags and added a hellwig sway bar. Night and day difference. With the camper on the truck I still get some sway but not nearly as bad.

As you will see from the pictures I removed the bed and installed a MITS Alloy Tray. This allows me to switch between the canopy and the Four wheel camper pretty easily. Switching between the canopy and flat bed is really easy, I can do it by myself in about 15min. The camper is a little more tricky, mainly because of the height of the truck with the 3" lfit & 37's.

The Tray has quite a bit of storage in the boxes below and the pull out drawer. The driver rear under tray box has my ARB twin compressor mounted inside with the air chuck mounted on the back of the box.

I am running a switch-pro to control all my lighting and accessories.

There are other things I may have forgotten but I will add them as I think of them. I do plan on doing an AEV front bumper with Comeup 16.5 winch when I have the time.

Let me know if you have any quesitons.

Cheers, Ryan

IMG_6738.jpeg
dji_fly_20230725_165114_565_1690383267681_photo.jpeg
IMG_6364.jpeg
IMG_6365.jpeg
IMG_6368.jpegIMG_6201.jpegIMG_5655.jpeg

relbus

Reaction score
Badass truck! I would be interested to see more pics of it offroad and being used out in the wild.

HitchCrack

Reaction score
Spent the week of Christmas / New Year out camping. A few nights down on PINS and then up into the Texas hill Country. The truck handled great in the sand and wasn't as much of a problem.

When we got back finally got around to installing the AEV front bumper. I am not a fan of the gap that the AEV bumper has so we installed a rubber filler to hide the distance. It seems more prominent on vehicles that are not black in color. The Comeup 16.5k winch is a beast but fits nicely in the bumper. Added a few lights to the bar and it looks like a proper front end now. Like how it brings some of the black powder coat to the front end. The AEV bumper looks like a factory bumper and fits the truck really well.

Not much left to do with it other than continue to get out and do some exploring. Hoping to head out to the PNW this summer!

D122B6EA-A45B-41BF-B8DE-F837A3B7B498.jpgIMG_7343.jpegNewYears23-03.jpgNewYears23-11.jpgNewYears23-09.jpgIMG_7368.jpegIMG_7369.jpegIMG_7370.jpegIMG_7410.jpegIMG_7414.jpeg

mryak

Reaction score
I'm pulling my 8' bed off my '23 Ram 3500 to put on an aluminum flatbed. Got any tips for me in the bed removal? I do have a lift for doing the heavy work. I'll get the rear park sense deletted once bed is off.
How was the electrical rewire to flat bed for you? Did you try n mount the tailgate camera on new tray?

HitchCrack

Reaction score
I'm pulling my 8' bed off my '23 Ram 3500 to put on an aluminum flatbed. Got any tips for me in the bed removal? I do have a lift for doing the heavy work. I'll get the rear park sense deletted once bed is off.
How was the electrical rewire to flat bed for you? Did you try n mount the tailgate camera on new tray?
It wasn't too bad, I was able to retain the rear park aid sensors and they still function like they did before the removal. I ordered a rear camera kit from a camera source it makes it super easy and works the same but at a different angle. You will most likely have the sonar modules in the tail lights. You can turn those off in alfaOBD but I believe that it will disable the radar cruise control if you have that option. What brand of flatbed are you installing?

These trucks have a blinker-out sensor wire in the rear tail light harness which will cause them to hyperflash and give you the bulb-out message. There is a kit from Diode Dynamics that will make the truck think that this is still functional. On my '22 I was able to disable this via alfaOBD but we did a bed replacement on a '23 3500 and it did not have this ability with AlfaOBD.

mryak

Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt response. I found the flatbed on craigslist, unknown manufacturer. My plan is to mount a slide in pop up camper on the flat bed. I'll fabricate the side storage boxes to fill in the sides. Bowens Custom beds have been a real inspiration. Carli lift is done. Buckstop Boss aluminum winch bumper with a Warn 16.5 is done. 37-11.5-20 Nitto Trail Grapplers are on.
I don't think I'm smart enough to use AlphaODD so I'll use the dealer for changes. They did the tire calibration for the 37's.
I'm retired and really looking forward to getting this build done and hitting the back country. I just finished building a 40" press/finger brake to get me thru the next fabrication phase. 1/4" Aluminum/UHMV skid plate for the 50 gal fuel tank will be first project once bed is off.

Grateful for this forum!

Attachments

• 651C2F9C-5A54-4CF0-AC70-5D813B32762B.jpeg
    651C2F9C-5A54-4CF0-AC70-5D813B32762B.jpeg
    519.1 KB · Views: 15

mryak

Reaction score
Thanks for your prompt response. I found the flatbed on craigslist, unknown manufacturer. My plan is to mount a slide in pop up camper on the flat bed. I'll fabricate the side storage boxes to fill in the sides. Bowens Custom beds have been a real inspiration. Carli lift is done. Buckstop Boss aluminum winch bumper with a Warn 16.5 is done. 37-11.5-20 Nitto Trail Grapplers are on.
I don't think I'm smart enough to use AlphaODD so I'll use the dealer for changes. They did the tire calibration for the 37's.
I'm retired and really looking forward to getting this build done and hitting the back country. I just finished building a 40" press/finger brake to get me thru the next fabrication phase. 1/4" Aluminum/UHMV skid plate for the 50 gal fuel tank will be first project once bed is off.

Grateful for this forum!

rfullen280

Reaction score
ALFA OBD settings if you get rid of the Rear Blind Spot Sensors - you can just turn them off, no errors, and your Radar Cruise still works. As for fast blink, there's a couple more settings in ALFA that disable the light out test circuits...

Here's some of the settings, I can't remember them all:

ECU Cabin Net Right/left Blind spot

Doors - Blind Spot Mirror

Customer Settings 1 - Blind Spot Alert

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.-Baggage (Cargo) Lamp Output Disabled with vehicle moving change it to no.

CBC Config I/O - Door Ajar Switch Signal Rear Left Usage (Lamp Diagnostics) - NO
CBC Config I/O Usage: Left Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F27- NO
CBC Config I/O Usage: Right Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F31- NO
CBC Config I/O Usage: Left Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F27- NO
CBC Config I/O Usage: Right Rear Turn Lamp Diagnostics Present - Pin F31- NO

And I mounted my tailgate camera using this housing:

Users who are viewing this thread