Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ads

Brav

Reaction score
I want to echo the ad sentiments. It’s ridiculous. Makes me resent the advertisers and site more than gain interest, counter productive. I use mobile most of the time and it’s far worse in those cases due to no ad size optimizing for mobile. I understand the need for ads. But not a constant bombardment and invasion of the forum. We have all been on many forums, the ads on this one is far worse than average for registered users. It may backfire.

U

User_1648

X2! I know they are revenue generators, but I personally would willing to pay a small fee to exclude them...as other sites do.

Admin

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to work on getting the number of ads reduced over the next few days. Google recently implemented a change with their ad network where it will now automatically populate ads, not just based on where we place them. That said I can do some work on the back end of the site to reduce the number of ads so I'll work on getting that done.

That said yes ads are necessary to keep the site running, BUT I definitely don't want the forum to be bombarding people with ads.

Distillusion

Reaction score
I'm using adblock plus on my desktop. It reports 13 ads blocked on the forum home page. 2 on most of the sub pages like this one. I don't access via a mobile platform. If I'm mobile, I'm driving.

Marshfly

Reaction score
I want to echo the ad sentiments. It’s ridiculous. Makes me resent the advertisers and site more than gain interest, counter productive. I use mobile most of the time and it’s far worse in those cases due to no ad size optimizing for mobile. I understand the need for ads. But not a constant bombardment and invasion of the forum. We have all been on many forums, the ads on this one is far worse than average for registered users. It may backfire.

If you are using a phone jump on Tapatalk. The experience went from miserable to enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruffone

Reaction score
I’ve got an ad blocker on my iPhone and I never get any ads as long as I use Safari.

Users who are viewing this thread