Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added a Winch, 2024 3500 6.7 Cummins

jenninr

Reaction score
I have other things on my list to get done that are ahead of this but it's definitely on my to-do list.

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
Man! Sh*t! I had one of the Vice mounts on my 1500, loved it, and was bummed there wasn't one for my newer cummins. I ended up going with the Warn Trans4mer, which is really well made and accepts the larger 16.5k heavy duty winch, but isn't the prettiest thing. Not to mention that it sticks out another 10" on an already long truck.

Super tempted to sell that and pick this up, but afraid I'll regret giving up the heavy duty winch. 12k is more than enough for everything I've done so far and am likely to do in the future, but I like having that margin... especially if I need to pull the truck with the camper attached at some point. Decisions. Decisions.

If you've got any concerns over Vice's product, I can say the model they released for the 1/2 tons was very well made and held up without any issue at all. The Warn Transformer also blocks the lower air inlet, though to lesser degree, but having had to remove the under bumper air dam opens up a ton of air flow. I've had zero issues with temperature over the years having had it on 2 HDs at this point and I wouldn't hesitate on the Vice solution.

NC Rebel

Reaction score
You could always use a snatch block to increase your pulling power. And I agree with you, the Vice mount I have on my truck is built solid, it is a well made product.

jenninr

Reaction score
@VICE Design, I didn't see mention of a clutch relocation kit on this one. I'm not familiar with that winch; is it even necessary?
In the install video they don't relocate the clutch. They just clock the housing on the winch to put the clutch release at the bottom and then they swap the handle on the release 180 degrees. The control box does get relocated under the hood.

VICE Design

Reaction score
Man, if this was available like 2 years go, I would have 100% bought one. As it stands, my truck is now a much more dedicated off-roader, so it's got all sorts of high clearance bumpers on it, but I've got to say I've been looking for something like this since day 1.

I am sure you're gonna sell quite a few of these things.
Sounds like a really fun rig!! I had a look for a photo of it but couldn't find one. would love to see it!

I have other things on my list to get done that are ahead of this but it's definitely on my to-do list.
Stoked to hear. Ready when you're ready

Man I just want to compliment on this kit, looks great! I doubt I really need a winch but I want one now :p
Appreciate it. Its a long time coming. Had daily emails about it and always thought it wasn't possible, but turns out I just had to try a lot harder. Big shoutout to my customer who let me use his new truck for a couple weeks for the development.

VICE Design

Reaction score
@VICE Design, I didn't see mention of a clutch relocation kit on this one. I'm not familiar with that winch; is it even necessary?

Was able to design this one so that piece of kit isn't necessary. The clutch is easily accessed through the opening in the valence, and we also have the opening in the skid plate strategically placed so you can access it through there.

Its shown in this part of the video:

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
Was able to design this one so that piece of kit isn't necessary. The clutch is easily accessed through the opening in the valence, and we also have the opening in the skid plate strategically placed so you can access it through there.

Its shown in this part of the video:
Good to know. It was the skid plate that had be wondering about access to the clutch

RockaRhyme

Reaction score
You could always use a snatch block to increase your pulling power. And I agree with you, the Vice mount I have on my truck is built solid, it is a well made product.
Right? and honestly I never hit the limit of my old 12k smitty even with direct pulls. But its reassuring having the extra power and build quality of the HD winch. Becomes a question of am I willing to give up a little bit of function for a whole lot of form. Gonna keep me up all month :)

Users who are viewing this thread