Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAM 11.5 - Diff Covers

bamnq6

Reaction score
Hello all-

I hit Last Chance Canyon two weekends ago, beautiful trail with some rather gnarly sections. I was very happy that my mostly stock PW had no problem hanging with my buddy's Rubicons... but I spent a lot of time with the diffs sitting on boulders. Super happy I had the White Knuckle Sliders & Dethloff engine / trans skid. Carli skid on the front diff performed admirably, but my rear end is naked-

I did damage the rear diff cover, peeling back the lower lip. No Leaks, but it's bent enough that I'll probably replace this cover at my next fluid change (1k miles away).

I can find plenty of PN 40013758 online, but they're labeled thru 2013. Anyone know if this fits the most recent trucks?

aka this: cover on ebay

ALSO: looking at the $$ AEV Covers, they're units split PW and non PW in addition to Model Year.
1646429761339.png

Thanks for your help all-

Last edited:

bamnq6

Reaction score
I'm not looking to purchase the AEV cover, I'm looking to replace this cover with a 'Stock' item. I'm an engineer by trade and I'm working with a local fabricator to come up with a skid for the rear diff on these trucks... but it's probably 6-10 months out (we travel a LOT for work). I'd like to ensure it's compatible with the stock cover 1st and foremost...

eventually I'd like to end up here-ish:
oon4o8zjorrmaprwrhka

It's gonna take some time-

jadmt

Reaction score
I ran that AEV skid on my jeep for several years and it worked well on the jeep but it did cut ground clearance. On a PW it would be even worse because there is not as much to begin with and the pumpkin is so big. Should be a fun project. good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread