Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AA is driving me crazy, can't shut it down

jebruns

Reaction score
So I've been using AA some lately in my 22 Ram 2500, 12" uConnect v5. It's okay, nice for longer trips. But I don't always want it to run. I run a VPN type ad blocker on my Samsung S22 Ultra Android phone, and that has to be stopped for AA to work. So AA can't start up automatically when I start the truck. But it tries ever so hard to do so. I get a message on my truck screen every 30 seconds or so about not being able to connect to the phone. And it goes for hours like that.

I've soft rebooted the U5 system, I've wiped the cache and rebooted the phone. No joy, still get the continuous messages. I know I can go into the phone settings and disable the app, put in deep sleep, etc to kill it, but that means I can't use AA w/o doing a lot of tweaking to get it running again.

So what am I missing? How do I stop it from trying to connect?

Dave01

Reaction score
Sounds like you are plugging your phone in to the USB outlets in front, right? Those 2 outlets enable AA or Carplay. When I don't want to use AA I just plug my cord into the rear USB outlet and run the cord up between my seat and console. The rear USB's won't enable AA.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are plugging your phone in to the USB outlets in front, right? Those 2 outlets enable AA or Carplay. When I don't want to use AA I just plug my cord into the rear USB outlet and run the cord up between my seat and console. The rear USB's won't enable AA.

The 22’s are wireless.

jebruns

Reaction score
Thanks superjoe. I'll try that.

And yes, wireless.

jebruns

Reaction score
If using wireless AA, when connected, tap the AA icon, then tap device manager, then unselect the blue AA icon, this should keep it from trying to reconnect
This worked, thanks again. Trick is to go into device manager on the uConnect screen before killing AA on the phone (via turning the ad blocker on).

Users who are viewing this thread