Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few interior related questions for my 2020 Classic Warlock

ATrainAllDay

Reaction score
Hello, and thank you for allowing me to join your forums. I think it will the best way for me to learn about my truck, as well as the other trims, and options.
I just purchased my first "newer" vehicle, the aforementioned 2020 Classic Warlock. White on black, prewired for the Trailer brake setup, I already purchased the necessary switch, module and bracket. The switch is in, module snapped on the bracket, and since I haven't found the hardware package for the bolt / odd nut, so I'm just going to stick with zipties to hold er tight. In pulling off the dash panel, I happened upon a pigtail seemingly for an accessory. Any clue as to what? It was in the lowest right area, if that helps. I could always upload a photo from my phone.

I am looking to make this my mobile do-it-all for the foreseeable future. This happens to be a quad cab, but lacks floor storage, I didn't pursue a RamBox (which I don't really find all the secure as opposed to something out of sight.), and it has the folding armrest console. I haven't found a console safe that isn't ridiculous in price for the little space in it, and I am not even certain that it is for a Classic. I understand it is a 4th gen in most area's, there seems to be gray area in others. I'd seen that one of the site's marked down the rear storage area "locking panel", which is practical in location (out of sight, doesnt require as much headache as figuring out if I can realistically install the infloor stowage, which to me is better than the console which could be ripped/beat out more easily. Yes, I have seen that people can pick simple locks pretty quickly, but if under my large area floormat's, I don't see many criminals looking there. I think that's less likely than looking under the seat. My first "swap" was for the locking glovebox lever, another illusion of security. Does anyone know if all of their quad/crew cab trucks are "pre-set" from the factory to install the infloor as an option?

I would like to install both the console and bed plug outlets, but feel I may be better off using a pure sine wave inverter to potentially be able to run a dual-charge Makita battery charger in the bed area, and say my laptop or a minifridge from the console. I already had the switch/cubby trim from ebay for a few bucks, as my motivation, and will chip away at the individual items as I learn a practical, efficient way to accomplish this without it being a liability. I'm sure there are ways to run from a 2nd battery, but i'm curious to learn what I can do with what my 5.7 Hemi's battery/alternator duo and some of the parts already available OEM. Hoping to figure out a pigtail for the console outlet, and haven't seen the bed version yet and what that entails. If there are any links that you think would be valuable, have insight, product experience, etc - hook me up please. I am far from lazy, but my attempts to search didn't work out well. I try to make the most of my time while I can, as I am sure most of you do.

Any idea on how to run AlfaOBD from the Vgate Vlinker MC+? I purchased the app from the Play Store, and am currently unsuccessful in setting it up through Torque, let alone connecting both on BT and getting the dongle to "open", but it does connect to my phone. I couldn't figure out how to do the upgrade that it speaks of, but was hoping to be able to futher activate some options, link in the spare key that I purchased to give to my gf for emergency.

I bought an OEM Ram bed extender for $50. No hinges to connect it to the truck, any ideas?

Any good resources for OEM part numbers? Diagrams? Parts lists? Etc?

I think there are a few more things, but I have to fly to work, 3rd shift eats too much of my life. This truck is really my current outlet to doing much of anything for myself. If you know of any good opportunities for hardworkers near Buffalo - sidenote - let me know.

Thanks for your time. I am Anthony btw. Hope shorthand is acceptable here.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I hate to say it, since you wrote a long post, but you’re on the wrong forum. This is the forum for HD Rams (2500/3500/4500/5500).

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Copy and paste that looooong first post to a 1/2 ton truck forum and im sure you will get all the help you need, im not sure why people with 1500s think an HD forum is for them

ATrainAllDay

Reaction score
Copy and paste that looooong first post to a 1/2 ton truck forum and im sure you will get all the help you need, im not sure why people with 1500s think an HD forum is for them
Feel free to delete it.
I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that you feel you have to make some kind of unnecessary commentary, other than humbly noting it's in the wrong forum. It happens because people are new and/or coming from a search engine. Forums such as this, and ramforumz, populate based on related content. It related my conversation to this particular forum, hence why I posted in here.

Sorry for making a mistake, I'll be sure to know my place - which there is none here for my lowly non-HD - and leave you to your exclusivity and perfection. Thanks.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Feel free to delete it.
I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that you feel you have to make some kind of unnecessary commentary, other than humbly noting it's in the wrong forum. It happens because people are new and/or coming from a search engine. Forums such as this, and ramforumz, populate based on related content. It related my conversation to this particular forum, hence why I posted in here.

Sorry for making a mistake, I'll be sure to know my place - which there is none here for my lowly non-HD - and leave you to your exclusivity and perfection. Thanks.
No need to be offended it not an attack and its not directly directed at you it just seems to be a common mistake lol

Dave01

Reaction score
Good luck with the truck Anthony, sounds like it will be a great setup when you are done. Those are really nice looking Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread