Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 pin tow connector; fused?

Texasram1

Reaction score
Is the 7-way truck side connector fused? If so, would each wire be fused independently of the truck side? Meaning if my tow connector running wire (brown) popped a fuse, would the truck also lose running lights?

I was just towing my boat back to the storage place, and I lost all running lights on the trailer side 1/4mi from destination. Odd that they would all go out unless the main line had no power. Just trying to rule out truck side before I start looking for shorts inside the box frame trailer.

Thanks

Scvette

Reaction score
I’ve had an issue with mine since new. Finally took it in and now they’re replacing the whole assembly.

z06psi

Reaction score
Im confident my trailer wiring is trash.
Actually it is a well documented problem on Rams. Mine just popped and after some Googling it all is out there. There is some chaffing that happens on a body mount. Investigating mine now.

flan

Reaction score
Actually it is a well documented problem on Rams. Mine just popped and after some Googling it all is out there. There is some chaffing that happens on a body mount. Investigating mine now.
Please share your findings, could help prevent problems for others down the road.

Texasram1

Reaction score
While this may be correct, my specific issue was 100% chafed wire on the trailer. Replaced it all, and good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread