Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.4L Electrical Power

Robbie3500

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a little help. I have a 2021 3500 with the 6.4L. I have no idea what the alternator is in it and don't know how to tell? I use it to haul a truck camper and want to add a 40A DC/DC charger to charge up my camper batteries. I am pretty sure that it will draw about 50A at full draw.

Does anyone know if my stock alternator will handle this? I don't know how to tell what alternator it is.... I know they came with 180A and 220A, my truck is the cheapest tradesmen available so let's assume a single 180A.

Thaoughts?

jadmt

Reaction score
register your truck on the mopar site you can than pull up your build sheet. It will tell you exactly what is on your truck.

jadmt

Reaction score
I just went and looked at my part number on mine and it is 180A
4801769AD

Robbie3500

Reaction score
Thanks, so I looked on the Mopar website and I do have the 180A alternator...... so now the big question is will that alternator have enough to run an additional 50A of charging to the camper? i do not run allot of accessories like lights.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!!

Users who are viewing this thread