Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Dually weather cover

CdnHO

Reaction score
So far I been unsuccessful in finding a light weight weather cover. Anyone have a source for a light weight light color or silver weather cover that fits a 5th gen club cab dually? The starlings are trashing my truck. I am washing the crap off every day to avoid damaging the paint.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Might have better luck searching for a Gen 4 or 4.5 cover, 5th gen’s don’t exist yet. :cool:

Can you get a good coat of wax on it to help? I’m not a far of covers as I’ve seen them do far more harm than good.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Might have better luck searching for a Gen 4 or 4.5 cover, 5th gen’s don’t exist yet. :cool:

Can you get a good coat of wax on it to help? I’m not a far of covers as I’ve seen them do far more harm than good.
Only need for about a month while the starlings are nesting. They crap on the fly. I do wax it and so far no paint damage noticeable after three years. But I am washing the thing several times a week. I searched by year and model, not "gen" and keep coming up empty. Actually that body style is probably ten years old so you would think that someone would make one for the dual wheeled trucks. Not sure if a non dually would fit but may have to go that route if I can't find a dually specific cover. I agree a cover can damage the paint in windy conditions.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Only need for about a month while the starlings are nesting. They crap on the fly. I do wax it and so far no paint damage noticeable after three years. But I am washing the thing several times a week. I searched by year and model, not "gen" and keep coming up empty. Actually that body style is probably ten years old so you would think that someone would make one for the dual wheeled trucks. Not sure if a non dually would fit but may have to go that route if I can't find a dually specific cover. I agree a cover can damage the paint in windy conditions.
They have used the same body style for 14 years (2010) i have seen covers on a few duallys but no idea who made them unfortunately

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is a US vs CA thing or not, but I just did a quick Google search for "crew cab dual rear wheel truck cover" and the first two results (carcoversfactory.com) and (budgecovers.com) both show they have available options that would work. I don't know anything about either of the sites but thought I'd pass along the info.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it is a US vs CA thing or not, but I just did a quick Google search for "crew cab dual rear wheel truck cover" and the first two results (carcoversfactory.com) and (budgecovers.com) both show they have available options that would work. I don't know anything about either of the sites but thought I'd pass along the info.
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately choices are very limited in Canukistan and often at twice the price. I have an old cover for my 2003 dually, that I am going to try to fit. I just need something to keep the starlings from crapping all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread