Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4-Way and 7-Way trailer connectors

Renkin2688

Reaction score
I tow a 5th wheel RV, and use the 7-Way connector on the left side bed rail. All functions work well. However, I went to tow another trailer the other day, and couldn't get the lights to work on either the 4-way or 7-way connectors by the rear license plate. Are these on a separate circuit?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Have you checked for power? Check the back of the plug and see if there is a connector to it. Are you the original owner? It’s conceivable that someone added the bed outlet and stole / moved the connector up to the bed

whitexc

Reaction score
I picked my 5er up from the dealer a cple months back and had no trailer lights. Went the risky route and towed it home to find a cple blown fuses for my trailer plugs. Sorry I can’t help with which ones off the cuff but easily found with a test light. One was a micro 15a and the other was a 20a low profile box fuse. I had towed a crappy little utility trailer belonging to someone else a few days prior and believe that to be the culprit.

Sent from me

Ickabod

Reaction score
I believe you can only have one connector working at a time. Either the bed connector or the bumper connector. There are wires in the rear of the truck to switch which one you use.

Users who are viewing this thread