Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 air suspension module blown fuse

Oneway

Reaction score
Hi all,
My truck is a 2020 Ram 3500 HO Diesel with the airbag assisted rear suspension. Recently had the service air suspension dash warning come up while sitting in parking lot idling truck. Looked at the forums for a quick troubleshooting plan. Checked my fuses and found most not fully seated, seated them all code still there. Then started pulling air suspension fuses and found my air suspension module 20 amp fuse blown. With truck off went to place new fuse and it immediately sparked and blew upon first making contact! Anyone else experience this? Obviously it seems I have a short, but no idea where to begin. Just hoping it’s not something crazy, and trying to plan for how much this is going to cost me! Both airbags have air in them so I was able to drive the truck home. Any help appreciated!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I would be looking for a short to ground somewhere the harness may have rubbed out, you can try unplugging the compressor and see if you still have a short that will tell you whether it is a harness or module issue or the compressor

Oneway

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I will try unplugging the compressor. Thanks to the other recent post and some good info from Bigfoot63301 I also found a wire harness that appears to be routed in a bad way that could be the culprit. I contacted my local dealer, who is very good to work with, and they seem to think that I would have a good case to get repairs covered(I’m out of the bumper to bumper) if it does turn out to be poor wire routing. I have an appt in a couple weeks to take it in and see. Will keep all posted on progress.

Users who are viewing this thread