Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'21 Ram 2500 - no XFQ package - what do I need to add it? - Trailer tow camera

Therapy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a Trailer Tow Camera kit (82216068AD) but my 2021 Ram 2500 does not have the XFQ package for prep. I've got the 12" screen, and it does have the Aux option (but nothing hooked up) so from what I can tell I *should* be able to get a wiring harness and replace the rear trailer plugs with the camera plugs. But does anybody know the part # I need to get?

The *only* camera my truck came with is the reverse camera in the tailgate, no cargo camera or front or surround or mirror cams or anything.

If somebody could let me know which part # I need I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg
IMG_1710.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You may want to review this thread:

XFQ in this post:

Therapy

Reaction score
Thanks for the links, looks like a lot of people aren’t really happy with the camera. Hmm.

Therapy

Reaction score
So has anybody hardwired any other cameras to the built-in 12" screen? I've got a wireless Haloview camera already on the back of the camper, I just hate having the other screen bolted onto the dash during trips.

Phil T

Reaction score
I built my own camera and hardwired it. I used a Sony camera module and a donor housing, The image is much better than the Mopar POS. See my other posts for details.

Users who are viewing this thread