Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram 2500 Cummins Auxiliary fuel tank

Kennytt

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m new to this site, but I’ve read a lot of helpful posts. Has anyone installed an auxiliary fuel tank with a gravity flow line connected to the fuel filler neck on a 24 Ram diesel? I installed one on my 2017 Ram and kept the fuel valve open and never had a over flow or leak. I tried the same setup with my 2023 Ram and the OEM tank would fill up and over flow. I now have a 2024 Ram Bighorn and was wondering if anyone has installed a auxiliary tank on theirs and if they had any problems or ideas?
I just used the standard auxiliary fuel tank install kit with the rollover ball check valve.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m new to this site, but I’ve read a lot of helpful posts. Has anyone installed an auxiliary fuel tank with a gravity flow line connected to the fuel filler neck on a 24 Ram diesel? I installed one on my 2017 Ram and kept the fuel valve open and never had a over flow or leak. I tried the same setup with my 2023 Ram and the OEM tank would fill up and over flow. I now have a 2024 Ram Bighorn and was wondering if anyone has installed a auxiliary tank on theirs and if they had any problems or ideas?
I just used the standard auxiliary fuel tank install kit with the rollover ball check valve.
I have one on my 19 no issues and the 19-24 is the same filler neck setup.

Kennytt

Reaction score
Yes the 24 looks the same the 17 and the 23, not sure why the 23 over flowed maybe just a faulty flapper seal. I’ll try it again on the 24, worst case I might have to put a electric shutoff in the line. Thanks for your help.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

It is different than the 13-18 filler thou, so there might need to be something different with the install.

4th gen’s have 2 flappers and 4.5 gens have a single flappers.

Kennytt

Reaction score
It is different than the 13-18 filler thou, so there might need to be something different with the install.

So the 23 and 24 have a single flapper? Does the 2019 have a single or double flapper?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

Yea i know but my 19 is setup with the gravity feed RDS kit and no overflow issues so it should not be an issue on his 2024 idk why his 23 overflowed unless the float was faulty

Big M

Reaction score
I went with a transfer tank with a 20 gallon per minute pump, but my reasoning was that I can also fill my forklift of friend's truck if they are getting low.

Grey65

Reaction score
Had one on my 2022 2500 and no issues. Moved the tank to my 2023 3500 and no issues.
Can only guess you float ball didn’t seal.

Kennytt

Reaction score
Had one on my 2022 2500 and no issues. Moved the tank to my 2023 3500 and no issues.
Can only guess you float ball didn’t seal.
Yes, not sure what happened what happened with the 23, but I installed one on the 24 and two tanks later with no problems so far

Users who are viewing this thread