Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Tradesman Cummins mini build

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Thanks, actually your truck was one of the ones I saw that made me feel good about how the flat black bumpers would look on a black truck. I have my chrome bumpers still and may eventually have them paint matched but I have a connection through work to help with the cost. I am impressed with the toughness of the plasti-dip so far
I have tossed around the idea of painting them with rustolem textured black next go-round. I’ve kinda fallen in love with that paint lately. It is a really close match to the aev bumper paint and it really looks like powder coat but easy to touch up.

It’s hard to touch up plastidip because you can’t hit it with sandpaper it’ll start peeling and once you start peeling you’re in trouble.

Finn5033

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated this. I just finished getting heated seats, steering wheel, and auto climate control into my truck. I got the seats, steering wheel and center stack from a guy locally who rebuilds wrecked Ram trucks. After that I had to order the clock spring, and the steering wheel radio controls and wire harness. Got the sensors for the auto climate control and Jimmy07 helped me out with the wire harness for the auto climate control. I bought the kaodtech bypass cable and got everything activated through alfaobd. I didn’t take any pictures of this, the seats are just a lighter gray color and I think everybody knows what the center stack looks like. But if anybody has questions on getting this done reach out to me.

Earlier in this thread I mentioned being bored with my wheels and wanting to get some bronze ones. Last fall I saw a great deal on some 18” bronze Raceline wheels so I bought them. I posted a picture of them below. I’ve been sitting on them since and have decided I should have bought 20” so I think I’m going to sell them. Though I do really like the look. I decided to keep my black wheels and put a better tire for winter on them next year and strictly keep them for a winter set. Only thing I currently have left to do is install my bed lights.

Next thing I want to do is it take off all my Chrome badges and replace them with night edition ones. Currently looking for a good place to buy a set.IMG_2308.jpeg

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated this. I just finished getting heated seats, steering wheel, and auto climate control into my truck.

Looking good.

How hard was the swap to auto climate control?

What all had to be done?

Finn5033

Reaction score
Looking good.

How hard was the swap to auto climate control?

What all had to be done?
Infotainment sells a kit with the sensors and wiring harness and a detailed video how to do it. If you have any specific questions pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread