Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Lary0071

Reaction score
I was told 5 to 7 months minimum due to the sunroof option. So I'm thinking January or February 2022.

Edit, this is on a fully loaded Limited Longhorn.

BRob

Reaction score
I was told 5 to 7 months minimum due to the sunroof option. So I'm thinking January or February 2022.

Why does the sunroof cause such a long delay? I don’t think I’ve heard anything about that yet. I also ordered a Longhorn and originally agreed to an order without the sunroof but somehow by the time the order made it into the system and got accepted, there was a sunroof line item on the build sheet. Didn’t think it would be a big deal and just intended to work with the dealer on pricing. But now it sounds like the sunroof might be a bigger issue?

Lary0071

Reaction score
Why does the sunroof cause such a long delay? I don’t think I’ve heard anything about that yet. I also ordered a Longhorn and originally agreed to an order without the sunroof but somehow by the time the order made it into the system and got accepted, there was a sunroof line item on the build sheet. Didn’t think it would be a big deal and just intended to work with the dealer on pricing. But now it sounds like the sunroof might be a bigger issue?
The sunroof pops up a warning that it causes a schedule hold or something. The salesman talked to the inventory manager who talked to the factory rep who said that I'll likely be pushed back to that 5 to 7 month time frame because of it. But that's fine, I can't stand this 2021 with no sunroof. I hate the closed in feeling with the head liner overhead.

Question.... one 220 amp alternator comes standard, why would a person want the dual? Snow plowing maybe, but I'm pulling a dump trailer, 5th wheel, utility and equipment trailer. I don't see an advantage of dual alternators for my use?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

msoto

Reaction score
I haven’t signed up to tread lightly for affiliate pricing. Is it required to get the discount with Mark Dodge?

b307a1

Reaction score
The sunroof pops up a warning that it causes a schedule hold or something. The salesman talked to the inventory manager who talked to the factory rep who said that I'll likely be pushed back to that 5 to 7 month time frame because of it. But that's fine, I can't stand this 2021 with no sunroof. I hate the closed in feeling with the head liner overhead.

Question.... one 220 amp alternator comes standard, why would a person want the dual? Snow plowing maybe, but I'm pulling a dump trailer, 5th wheel, utility and equipment trailer. I don't see an advantage of dual alternators for my use?

180 amp is standard.

CajunMan

Reaction score

I ordered a fully loaded with sunroof. Mid September is what I’m told but I also ordered from a big dealership.

Lary0071

Reaction score
I ordered a fully loaded with sunroof. Mid September is what I’m told but I also ordered from a big dealership.
I do not think that the sunroof schedule hold is related to dealer size at all, it is related to lack of hardware that will cause a delay in the build. You may want to have your big dealer check with the factory rep and verify or nullify my thoughts based on the feedback that my salesman got last Monday from his inventory manager who verified to the factory rep. I was sitting at the computer with the salesman while we "built" the truck in the system, and at this time when you go to select the sunroof option it pops open a warning about this selection will result in a schedule delay, then you have to click to accept and continue or to cancel the addition of this option. I opted to accept and continue. But that raised the question from me to the sales dude... who ran it up the chain since he admittedly did not know what that really would mean to the order. The feedback we got was without sunroof expect 3-4 month from now for delivery, with sunroof expect 5-7 months for delivery from a new order submitted now. I am sure that you are ahead of me in the line of orders, so you should get your product built and delivered prior to me getting mine. But you may discover that the shortage of hardware can have some delay added to your original schedule.

Lary0071

Reaction score
180 amp is standard.
Mine has the 220 amp single with the options selected, but I am trying to see anyone has a compelling reason for me to add the second 22 amp for my use (no snow plowing). If there was a logical reason, I would check that box. If it doesn't offer me anything (and my gut feeling is that it offers me nothing) then I'll submit the order this evening as planned with the single 22 amp unit.

CajunMan

Reaction score
I do not think that the sunroof schedule hold is related to dealer size at all, it is related to lack of hardware that will cause a delay in the build. You may want to have your big dealer check with the factory rep and verify or nullify my thoughts based on the feedback that my salesman got last Monday from his inventory manager who verified to the factory rep. I was sitting at the computer with the salesman while we "built" the truck in the system, and at this time when you go to select the sunroof option it pops open a warning about this selection will result in a schedule delay, then you have to click to accept and continue or to cancel the addition of this option. I opted to accept and continue. But that raised the question from me to the sales dude... who ran it up the chain since he admittedly did not know what that really would mean to the order. The feedback we got was without sunroof expect 3-4 month from now for delivery, with sunroof expect 5-7 months for delivery from a new order submitted now. I am sure that you are ahead of me in the line of orders, so you should get your product built and delivered prior to me getting mine. But you may discover that the shortage of hardware can have some delay added to your original schedule.
I ordered 6/18

Motochris

Reaction score
I guess in 2019 they offered those seats in your pictures as an option. Nice. Now it's mostly cloth with suede leather bolsters and I don't see any option for full leather seats on the Laramie trim level, only the Longhorn and Limited.
That would be incorrect from my recent observation. 2021 Laramie I drove had leather bolsters with a suede-like insert. It was a primary reason I stepped up to the Laramie. Obviously the suede-like insert may not be leather, but it certainly isn't cloth.

Bandit400

Reaction score
Mine has the 220 amp single with the options selected, but I am trying to see anyone has a compelling reason for me to add the second 22 amp for my use (no snow plowing). If there was a logical reason, I would check that box. If it doesn't offer me anything (and my gut feeling is that it offers me nothing) then I'll submit the order this evening as planned with the single 22 amp unit.
Going to be using the dual 220 amp alternator (440A system) for DC to DC charging of the lithium battery system in my Truck Camper while driving or worst case, in a pinch, if I need to charge the batteries quickly off the grid. The 440 Amp alternator system cant put out that much power consistently. I would safely run about half that max amperage for any steady state use. It is dependent on engine RPM (alternator RPM) and the alternator temperature.

Alternator Curves: http://www.rambodybuilder.com/2015/docs/ram/ramaltoutcrv.pdf

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Ordered:

2022 3500 HO Limited SRW Night Edition
Order placed 6/19
Told it would be ready in 8-12 weeks, so I am looking Mid-September.

agtcovert

Reaction score
Ordered 6-19.
3500 limited HO SRW.
"D number assigned" whatever that means.
told August, September, maybe October.
'D' is a firm commitment to build. Their system accepted the order.

I don't know that it speaks to parts availability per se, but what you were told is consistent with what I was told, and my order is essentially the same, 3500 SRW HO. I'm really hoping September.

sconym

Reaction score
Im in the same boat with the sunroof. Hate that my current Laramie doesnt have one, so made sure to add it to this build. I am going to meet with my sales guy later this week to shoot the sh*t. Hopefully, he will have some updates as well. 5-7 months from my order date is what I expected when I ordered (May 7 order date). I always expected mine to come in November time frame. Hopefully that actually is close! I hope it isnt an additional 5-7 months from now though!

Ewick777

Reaction score
Appreciate the quick response! I’m still waiting on my dealer lol…
So another question, looking at the tow package, would I need that package to get the 360 camera and all the other camera views? What comes with the Laramie Level B set up for cameras?

Clevy4949

Reaction score
'D' is a firm commitment to build. Their system accepted the order.

I don't know that it speaks to parts availability per se, but what you were told is consistent with what I was told, and my order is essentially the same, 3500 SRW HO. I'm really hoping September.

Attachments

• tempImageOYkfqB.png
    tempImageOYkfqB.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 80

Lary0071

Reaction score
The world hates me.
I wanted a loaded Hydro blue Laramie with silver 2 tone and sport appearance. I'm told no can do.

So I said go Limited Longhorn in Delmonico red with a dark gray lower 2 tone... he calls me today and says no can do.

To go 2 toned you have to pick these dark and boring colors.

So should I drop back to the Laramie Sport in Hydro, or go Limited Longhorn in Delmonico? Both would get maxed out with packages... difference is one would be real leather and wood, the other fake leather (vinyl) and wood grained stickers....

I can't get night package on either one from what I understand. I can't get rambox on either one (dually).

This sucks. I'm trying to order my 50 year birthday dream/last truck and momma Ram is slapping my hands as I'm trying to get my toy.

Users who are viewing this thread