Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Just curious everyone’s thought. Ordered a Laramie night edition with bsm 7/9 still in D status. Wondering if I need to just order a limited instead. Thought?
Seems like the limited is getting built a lot quicker. If you see value in stepping up, might not hurt. Have you asked your dealer if there is an estimated build date?

Beranimus

Reaction score
Surfs2snow1 nailed it. Seems they are getting built much faster with parts being reserved for the higher trim levels. I haven’t talked to the dealer yet as my contact has been out sick. But I think I might.

Jake L

Reaction score
Just curious everyone’s thought. Ordered a Laramie night edition with bsm 7/9 still in D status. Wondering if I need to just order a limited instead. Thought?
If it is necessary to get the truck right now, then you would be better off buying off of a lot. If you dont need it right now, why would you spend more money just to see if it gets built quicker?

Beranimus

Reaction score
If it is necessary to get the truck right now, then you would be better off buying off of a lot. If you dont need it right now, why would you spend more money just to see if it gets built quicker?
Good answer there. Thank you. I guess I’ll wait some more for now.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Good answer there. Thank you. I guess I’ll wait some more for now.
Also the MSRP has likely gone up on your build. The only way I would say to order a new one is if there really is something you missed or wanted to have in the limited. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks we’ll see more Laramie and Big Horn builds (unless Ram decides they need more inventory for the dealers and pull our parts again).

Cummins0867

Reaction score
That's hilarious......I ordered a Laramie crew cab night edition DRW on 7/1 and still in D status....I was thinking and considering the same thing the last couple of days. I think we would get a new Limited order placed today faster than our original order....if you find one on a lot with exactly what you want then that would be ok too....I just don't think you'll find exactly what your looking for if you don't order it....I never have.

Apaschke82

Reaction score
Ugh ordered after me and higher VIN. bet I have too much tech on my truck.
I got the night edition, tow package, blind spot/cross path, Laramie level b, power deployable running boards. Opted to not get the safety package even though I considered it for the deer and stupid drivers we have here.
Did you get yours loaded with all the tech?

Dirt Diggler

HDRams' Mark Wahlberg
Reaction score
I have a Laramie night edition with BSM on 6/4 that just went D1 about a week ago. 10/31 estimated build date. I'd guess that yours is about to go D1 any day now.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Well fugg.....just talked to the dealer to see if they had an ETA....it's apparently still waiting to get on the train and not on the train like ram chat said.....mother effer....found a few trucks already at dealers vin #'s well after mine im considering going to get.....I'd love to finance thru ram and make them guess for 6 months when I'm going to start paying for it.....grrr.....off to the bar....

Apaschke82

Reaction score
I have a Laramie night edition with BSM on 6/4 that just went D1 about a week ago. 10/31 estimated build date. I'd guess that yours is about to go D1 any day now.
How did you get your estimated build date? Ramchat told me they don’t have that info and only get an eta of when it “should” arrive at the dealer once shipping has been approved.

Dirt Diggler

HDRams' Mark Wahlberg
Reaction score
How did you get your estimated build date? Ramchat told me they don’t have that info and only get an eta of when it “should” arrive at the dealer once shipping has been approved.
It'll appear on your buildsheet once you go D1. Your dealer can provide it to you.

Reaction score
I just got an email from cryptostickers that my equipment listing is available, but when I checked it still says no records for this vin. I'm assuming this means it's going back to D and another 3 months wait

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Once again, shipping dates and production dates are VERY flexible estimates, especially in today's world!

BenCummins

Reaction score
Surfs2snow1 nailed it. Seems they are getting built much faster with parts being reserved for the higher trim levels. I haven’t talked to the dealer yet as my contact has been out sick. But I think I might.
I think that’s the wrong reason. If you wanted the projector headlamps and better leather seats then I’d agree on the change. That’s just my $.02

Dirt Diggler

HDRams' Mark Wahlberg
Reaction score
I was told my truck is in D1 status but ramchat said he didn’t have access to a build sheet cause it’s unavailable apparently.
Sorry, I might have caused some confusion. The build sheet I'm referring to is the Priced Order Confirmation that your dealer should have provided right after you submitted your order. It will update with an estimated build date. Since you're already D1 it should have updated. The build sheet that Ram Chat is referring to is probably the Equipment Listing found by entering your VIN at the end of this URL.

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
^ This won't populate until your truck actually enters production.

RamChat is a hot dumpster fire and is typically no help unless you want a feel good message about how parts have been gathered. Your dealer contact is definitely the best bet for any information about your build.

Users who are viewing this thread