Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 3500 HO 6.7L Cummins Diesel Particulate Filter error

RaySchmidt

Reaction score
Wanted to see if anyone else is currently having or has had this issue in the past. My 3500 is maybe a few months old, however during one of my longer drives the check engine light came on. After reading it with a scanner and checking the info provided on the dash (such as temps, as well as where it tells you the DPF is regenerating) it came back saying there is something wrong with the DPF, and after talking to my dealership, I was told to bring the truck in asap for them to diagnose it and try and fix it. The first dealership I went to ended up charging me an insane amount of money to fix the issue, after holding onto the vehicle for longer than needed, however the problem was supposedly fixed. Not even a week later the check engine light came on again and it was the same exact problem. I brought it to a different dealership and after explaining the issue and what the first dealership did, was told they should not have charged me and that it was all covered by warranty (which is a problem on its own but not one Ill bring up now). The issue was once again supposedly fixed and I went about my business. However the light is now back AGAIN for the third time, and the scanner is giving me the exact same error code. Im bringing the truck in for the third time again to have it looked at, but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing or has experienced an issue like this or something similar, and how you went about correcting the issue. This has all happened in the timespan of around 2 weeks. I dont want this to become a normal occurrence, and I don't want to continue to have issues with the DPF or any issues with possibly breaking down. Thanks in advance for any help/response!

flan

Reaction score
What do you have for miles on the truck? Emissions is good for around 50k+ miles depending what state you live in. What have they done to it so far according to your work order?

2Many12Valves

Reaction score
Any luck figuring it out? My check engine light just came on I have 59,000 miles on 21 Ho 3500, particulate filter code.

Last edited:

ZMcCoy

Reaction score
54K on my truck. Same issue, local dealer simply cleared the code, said they'd never seen it before. Happened around 45K. Came on again, but went away before I could get it to the dealer. Now it's back on, going in on Monday. Noticed a small puddle of oil under the front of the engine this morning, so they'll be looking at that as well. If I'm lucky they'll only have it for a week or so.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a list of things they need to check in the proper sequence in order to determine what’s going on. Please post pictures of the work orders they completed so that we can see what they’ve done thus far, as well as what DTC’s have been triggering in your ECM, your mileage on the truck currently and your engine hours (idle, drive, total)

There have been a ton of “DPF full” and “DPF regeneration frequency” issues with the 2022’s.

The simplest place to start is the engine air filter. Are you running a completely stock truck, and if so, which air filter are you running? (Brand and part number). If you’re not running a Mopar 53034051AB or a Fleetguard AF27684, that is the first thing to change.

If the air filter is as listed above, then there are some diagnostics that need to be checked out. My guess would be a faulty DPF differential pressure sensor, but without more info on the truck I don’t want to speculate as this is one of those problems that has a number of different causes. If the dealer you’re working with doesn’t have an experienced diesel technician on staff, you’re going to want to find another one that does. Too many parts exchangers these days and it takes more understanding than just being able to read a factory-prescribed diagnostic procedure to be efficient and effective at diagnosing these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread