Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 2500 PowerWagon - Electrical Issues

CortezPW

Reaction score
I'm posting this as a running log of ongoing concerns, services, in hopes of gaining traction with Ram. I'm tagging Ram Cares because I'm incredibly disappointed with my truck at this time. I'll document dates of service, interactions with dealership plus dates and photos (if possible) of my issues.

@RamCares

Purchased 2022 Ram PowerWagon 11/4/2021

I purchased this truck from:
Boulder Chrysler Dodge Ram Inc
3200 28th Street
Boulder, CO 80301

That's a 8 hour drive from my home. I was told the vehicle had 22 miles on it, upon arrival it has slightly over 600 miles. Upon inquiry, I was told the GM had been driving it to "get it to the price we sold it for." I should've walked away. But alas here I am...

First Week of Ownership: Speakers pop whenever doors open/close or power is turned on/off anywhere in vehicle. Radio presets randomly reset themselves. Also noticed some hesitancy in starting occasionally. I began documenting dates/times/pics after about 2 weeks of ownership.

This leads us to:
11/26: Started and idled at 200-300rpm, CEL on, died after about 15 seconds. Tried to give it some gas to rev it up to typical idle speed and wouldn't do it.
11/29: UConnect Battery Failure Alert? Don't recall the exact wording, but it was something along those lines.
11/30: Satellite Antenna Failure Alert - lasted a few minutes and went away
12/2: Black UConnect screen with only bottom navigation buttons (Attached pic) I drove around like this for about 36 hours total before it came back.
12/10: Ram Dealer (Local) checks all grounds (9 total) and finds no issue, cannot replicate issues
1/3: Satelite Antenna Failure Alert - This actually starts happening everytime the vehicle is started
Week of 1/3: Consistently hesitates to start everyday, takes 2-3x longer to start than typical and starts about about 400rpm idle instead of the typical throaty/rev start
Week of 1/3: At stop, idle speed decreases to 400-500rpm, brake pedal will push to the floor, feels like vacuum pressure loss
Week of 1/3: Speakers loud "pop" sound goes from intermittent (50%) to 100% of the time. Any time power turns on/off the speakers emit a loud crack/pop sound. This mostly is noticeable as you enter/exit vehicle, even when exiting with doors closed as you walk away in the parking lot you'll hear them pop 2-3 seconds after doors closed.
1/7: UConnect Battery Failure - See Dealership Alert (Pic attached)
*Headed over to dealer that day, threw an Over Voltage/UConnect Battery Failure code.
1/8: Complete failure of antenna systems. SiriusXM is frozen, FM/AM no longer work.
1/11: Dealership unable to solve radio issues, stated this was normal and would be potentially months before solved. Other issues went unaddressed.

Ongoing Issues:
Idle drop and and brake pressure drop at idle
Hesitancy to start
Random electrical issues
No working antenna in vehicle

I'm unfortunately unbuilding this truck, have a Carli diff guard in the box I'll be returning, trying to cancel a WKOR sliders order. I do not trust this truck to serve its intended purpose, which was remote camping and exploration. Unfortunately have already purchased a GFC Camper for it. I've been in for service 4 times so far, with a fifth coming shortly due to the failure on 1/7.

Attachments

• ram blank screen.jpeg
    ram blank screen.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 30
  • ram pic 2.jpeg
    ram pic 2.jpeg
    385 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Time for a lemon lawer.
Get rid of it.
Find another dealer and get a new one, not one they drove the piss out of.
I got 9k miles on mine and love it. No issues.

CortezPW

Reaction score
1/11 Update: Dealership called to tell me they had radio working again. Went in to pickup, radio was in fact NOT working. Went back in, told me this was an issue with 2022 trucks and could be months before an update is issued. Would not address other issues.

Time to step up @RamCares

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
1/11 Update: Dealership called to tell me they had radio working again. Went in to pickup, radio was in fact NOT working. Went back in, told me this was an issue with 2022 trucks and could be months before an update is issued. Would not address other issues.

Time to step up @RamCares
Hi,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Follow up with us via PM to provide additional details regarding your concerns so we may determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Ram Cares

jetrinka

Reaction score
Wow thats got to be super frustrating. Hope you get it resolved at some point.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I fought for about a year with GM on my Pontiac G8 trying to get a issue fixed. Finally got fed up and called a lemon lawyer. He said what took you so long to call.
Needless to say, I got my money back and will never buy another GM product after the way they treated me.

CortezPW

Reaction score
I hope you get taken care of but I can foresee a long battle in your future...
That's what I anticipate at this point, was hoping for something a bit more amicable. Traded in a nicely built mid-size truck to get more space for camping with my kids... that's been the hardest part is the realization I got rid of a perfectly reliable and capable vehicle for this.

Drove 2.5 hrs back home from camping last weekend in radio silence. FM is now working currently but still no satelite radio. Scheduled a service appt with a different, larger dealer that's 1.5 hrs away. They are 30 days out, scheduled for 2/9.

Attachments

• powerwagon1.jpeg
    powerwagon1.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

jadmt

Reaction score
That's what I anticipate at this point, was hoping for something a bit more amicable. Traded in a nicely built mid-size truck to get more space for camping with my kids... that's been the hardest part is the realization I got rid of a perfectly reliable and capable vehicle for this.

Drove 2.5 hrs back home from camping last weekend in radio silence. FM is now working currently but still no satelite radio. Scheduled a service appt with a different, larger dealer that's 1.5 hrs away. They are 30 days out, scheduled for 2/9.
if you get it sorted you will like the GFC. Funny I have the same yeti tundra and a jackery set up as well to run my arb.
FC8A14A6-5324-4AF4-AFCB-9007DB9E2B64.jpeg
16367AF4-D7B6-416A-A43C-218FB764DB1F.jpeg

Last edited:

CortezPW

Reaction score
if you get it sorted you will like the GFC. Funny I have the same yeti tundra and a jackery set up as well to run my arb.

I like your cabinet on the left side, that's my plan as well. Just build storage down the left side and a place to mount my fridge and propane. Picked up a used V1 with the upgraded hinges, was a pretty sweet setup. Last truck had a Decked drawer system, bedrack and RTT. Just need to get organization dialed. Jackery is running a Jackery 240 solar generator, run the fridge on it while camping.

Attachments

• gfc1.jpeg
    gfc1.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 9
  • gfc2.jpeg
    gfc2.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 9
  • gfc3.jpeg
    gfc3.jpeg
    435.2 KB · Views: 9

jadmt

Reaction score
I like your cabinet on the left side, that's my plan as well. Just build storage down the left side and a place to mount my fridge and propane. Picked up a used V1 with the upgraded hinges, was a pretty sweet setup. Last truck had a Decked drawer system, bedrack and RTT. Just need to get organization dialed. Jackery is running a Jackery 240 solar generator, run the fridge on it while camping.
nice I have a jackery 1000 and solar panel and thing is amazing. the cabinet is pretty simple buy works great. I think the frames are so much nicer on the V1. I picked mine up used to and live close to GFC so just took it there and they did the hinge upgrade for me even tho mine were still fine. very good company. I did sell it again tho as I want a FWC, probably made a mistake tho as I can't find anything that does not have the price all jacked up.
2D1284C9-B16B-4587-AA2D-E7D295A7BFC6.jpeg

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Did you check to make sure all your fuses were pushed in all the way? I read about that being a common issue and causes mystery problems on this forum

JimKIII

Reaction score
Yep. Fuses and underhood grounds. Always the first thing to check on these trucks.
Goofy question perhaps - is there a diagram that will point to the underhood grounds? I'll be picking up my truck at MD at the end of the month and will want to check the fuses and grounds before I head 2600 miles home.

jetrinka

Reaction score
Goofy question perhaps - is there a diagram that will point to the underhood grounds? I'll be picking up my truck at MD at the end of the month and will want to check the fuses and grounds before I head 2600 miles home.
People have just reported loose or barely installed fuses in the box. I'd just pop the hood, open the box and press firmly down on each one.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

The fender is full of them. Other than the engine block, I don't know there are any others.

Users who are viewing this thread