Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM 2500 p1c70 Code

dbook

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this code and is there a way to reset it? I am also kicking P207F, But Def percentage is at 33%. No CEL Light and the monitor tells me to fill Def Tank. I am currently stuck in Denver since Saturday night with a 5mph derate due to DEF Level and my tank is 3/4 full. FCA has told me to call a local dealership to have it looked at and every dealership I have called says they cant look at it until middle of March or they have no diesel Techs. I have Alpha OBD and a scanner with me.

Thanks

superjoe83

Reaction score
What's the temperature there?
You will have to find a way to thaw the tank if frozen, unfortunately you can not clear de-rate codes, the problem will have to be fixed first

dbook

Reaction score
It’s 55 degrees the past couple of days. Other than that it’s stuck sitting in a parking lot.

superjoe83

Reaction score
It’s 55 degrees the past couple of days. Other than that it’s stuck sitting in a parking lot.
Here are the diag/descriptions of those codes, hopefully that will give you some direction.
Are you positive that the tank is 3/4 full?

Attachments

• P1C70.pdf
    57.5 KB · Views: 26
  • P207F.pdf
    127 KB · Views: 23

dbook

Reaction score
Here are the diag/descriptions of those codes, hopefully that will give you some direction.
Are you positive that the tank is 3/4 full?
Yes, I added 2.5 Gallons when the warning first came on.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
And the gauge shows you at ¾ full?

Have you tried using alphaODB to do a manual regen? I’ve heard when there’s issues with codes and there’s nothing wrong that this is what they do…it’s the main reason I got alpha running for mine.

Hopefully it’s not your pump or injector…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbook

Reaction score

Have you tried using alphaODB to do a manual regen? I’ve heard when there’s issues with codes and there’s nothing wrong that this is what they do…it’s the main reason I got alpha running for mine.

That was going to be my plan today was to force a regen, but luckily after a few hours of back and forth on the phone with various dealers and RAM customer care, they got my truck in for an appointment tomorrow. Tow truck picked it up and the dealer has it now. We will see what it ends up being.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think forcing a regen will have any impact here, as it sounds as though the issue is solely located within the DEF system itself. This also shouldn’t be temperature related as it’s well above the freezing point for the fluid. I’d venture to say you have DEF that is out of its concentration range. You said this was a 2022 truck, how many miles on it and how old was the DEF that was in the tank prior to you adding the 2.5 gallons?

dbook

Reaction score
I don’t think forcing a regen will have any impact here, as it sounds as though the issue is solely located within the DEF system itself. This also shouldn’t be temperature related as it’s well above the freezing point for the fluid. I’d venture to say you have DEF that is out of its concentration range. You said this was a 2022 truck, how many miles on it and how old was the DEF that was in the tank prior to you adding the 2.5 gallons?
10,400 miles and previous def was less than a month old. The CT3 monitor was showing def concentration was 33%.

Ionicbrick

Reaction score
Do let us know what it is. I’ve been told the tank sensor is finicky in the cold and that I should not let the tank drop below half in freezing temps. However I’m in Denver too and we’ve had really nice weather the past few days.

I was hoping that it wasn’t a pump or injector, but now that you’ve got it at a dealer I hope it’s not simple either.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Do let us know what it is. I’ve been told the tank sensor is finicky in the cold and that I should not let the tank drop below half in freezing temps. However I’m in Denver too and we’ve had really nice weather the past few days.

I was hoping that it wasn’t a pump or injector, but now that you’ve got it at a dealer I hope it’s not simple either.

No lower than 1/4 full at any time, no higher than 3/4 full in temps below freezing.

The 1/4 low limit helps to reduce the risk of crystallization when the fluid level drops too low.

3/4 full limit in freezing temps prevents the possibility of the fluid freezing and expanding, as the ultrasonic sensor needs an air gap between the top of the fluid level and the roof of the tank in order to accurately determine the actual fluid level. It’s also dangerous to go above 3/4 in cold temps because the fluid can expand into the filler neck, while at the same time expanding to the point the sensor can’t read the level. What you’ll see on the dash is likely a false reading, usually low or no, prompting you to add more def, which further compounds the problem.

Having the fluid 3/4 or lower also helps the heating element warm / thaw the fluid more effectively.

dbook

Reaction score

I will follow up once I find out what’s going on.

dbook

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense, thanks for posting that. The first time I got the count down it had been really cold for a few weeks and it started the count down. After, slowing and driving 70 mph for a while it went away completely. I tried the same thing this time and it didn’t work.

dbook

Reaction score

They ended up putting a new DEF pump w/ fill sensor in it. There was an issue somewhere in it that wasn’t allowing it to show the system it was full of DEF even though the gauge was reading 3/4 of a tank.

Users who are viewing this thread