Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 2500 6.4 Tradesman ride quality

The JoshMyers

Reaction score
I love my truck, but it is one of the rougher riding trucks I've owned. I'm looking at leveling it and upgrading my suspension just to smooth out the ride. I don't haul trailers (tractor-SxS, 4 wheeler, boat) as much as I used to; maybe 3-4 times a year now. What is the best system to use BDS, Carli, Bilstein? What do I need to look out for?

Dewey

Reaction score
I installed a Thuren Sway bar it made a good difference. Smoothed out the rock and don't feel like I'm going to hit my head on the window. My Wife even said this was a good change. Lower tire pressure will help as well I run 55 front and 50 rear unloaded.

As far as leveling I went with Thuren also but its not installed yet.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Did a 1.75 Readylift level, Bilstein 5100 shocks & Falken AT3W 35X11.50 tires, used AEV procal to adjust lower tire pressures set at 47 frt & 40 rear. Big improvement over stock ride quality.

5150RN

Reaction score
I went with Thuren front leveling coil kit w/ Fox shocks and a Thuren sway bar. Highly recommend.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I did the full Carli and it rides smooth as glass but mine is a 3500

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
I went with the Carli 2.5” level kit and Fox shocks. Also swapped out the firestones for Nitto ridge grappler 35’s and my truck rides better than any I’ve ever been in.

BadKarma

Reaction score
Best upgrade I have done to my truck for ride quality has been 35x12.5R17 tires and remove sway bar. Has been roughly 12k since smaller wheel/bigger tire set up and it was a lot better but not perfect so about 1,300 miles ago I took off the front sway bar and haven’t looked back since.

With that said I do not tow and mostly I am highway or off roading. It’s rained kinda heavy the last few days, freeway speeds no issues or difference felt except on highway expansions, curbs and off roading (for the better) Off road the truck feels a lotttt better.

For me this has worked out, I will probably upgrade suspension at some point (50k miles) gives me time to save for what I want + pull the trigger on 37” tires like I originally intended.

My biggest regret was not getting 37” tires the first time but after reading and seeing they fit minus some rubs on bumps/off-roading I wanted to play it safe until a suspension upgrade was warranted. Because, we off road every weekend and any amount of rub would have drove me crazy or make me impulse spend 10k on suspension and tires I didn’t necessarily need at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread