Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 Uconnect issues

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 3500 and having the same preset issues, it's been into the dealer 3 times and now they are claiming it's a software issue. I'm still waiting for a software upgrade. This to me is total crap! This UConnect system is full of bugs. I spent $70,000 on the rig and radio doesn't work, should have bought a Ford.
you typed the words right outta my mouth.
so… ditto!

This issue should be a sticky post titled: “Uconnect losing presets: SOLVED”

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
2022 2500 losing presets.
I read on here,
1) once the Sirius subscription is no longer 6+month demo, problem will resolve.
2) once you enter your username in the Sirius settings the problem will resolve.
3) if you set the seat and mirror memory.

I went to sirius website, got a username, came back but don’t find any setting for username. It just says ‘subscribed’ or something like that.

Update: I feel dumb. Just read the manual. Had to follow sequence to pair key fob.

Program everything you want, Hit S then 1 or 2.
Confirmed on TFT
Turn ign to off, recall settings, save again then hit lock on key fob.
confirmed save on TFT.

Done. Now, I hope like h3ll it doesn't forget them. Cheers.

AND.... IT FORGOT THEM ONE DAY LATER.

Last edited:

blacksunday

Reaction score
New owner, new Ram 1500 Rebel (diesel). Search function for service stations only displays GAS stations and unleaded price. Is there a reset or work around to have diesel displayed?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
2022 2500 losing presets.
I read on here,
1) once the Sirius subscription is no longer 6+month demo, problem will resolve.
2) once you enter your username in the Sirius settings the problem will resolve.
3) if you set the seat and mirror memory.

I went to sirius website, got a username, came back but don’t find any setting for username. It just says ‘subscribed’ or something like that.

Start my truck and it loses my stations but goes to the same random FM and XM channels…maybe even one of 2 same …like it doesn’t know my key fob?

I don’t know if plugging the phone in vs WiFi before starting truck is the problem or if it’s something I do at startup. Yesterday set new channels, drove around lit’s stayed same, stated this am # all gone.

I do not know how to set seat memory. Wtf? I have Laramie and mirror/seat/radio… I thought setting the memory means adjusting the chair. Where is the ‘save’ button?

this was the most recently commented on thread so here is my comment.
love to be redirected to the answer for this. Going to let satellite expire in 6 months and see if that resolves it. Ouch. Totally sucks being new and fancy radio n all

1654372251940.png

Uhlbalk

Reaction score
Hey folks. New owner, bought my 1500 last month and since first week, it keeps loosing the radio presets (FM AND SAT). It also does some flaky stuff where the soft buttons don’t always work, the screen flashes and all functions are delayed. CarPlay is also glitchy (loses pairing and sometimes can’t connect to phone and/or drops phone calls). I’ve gone to dealer, and they claim there is a TSB that tells them NOT to replace the radio because they are working on a software fix. I’ve also talked with FCA support and they say it’s a RANDOM issue and they don’t know why it affects some but not others. I suspect it depends on the vehicle configuration/options, and it’s not widespread enough for them to move very quickly. Does anyone have any other ideas or info on this issue? This is the 8” unit, NO Nav. TIA
Seems to be every ram with a 8” screen. I’ve been fighting since Jan to get the Wi-Fi working. The dealer wanted to put me into another truck. The radio has the exact same problem.

Sounds like we need to put together a class action lawsuit against ram.

fresyes

Reaction score
Fixed! I had this problem with my 2022 ram’s 8.4. Took it in for an oil change and recalls, during which time they flashed the software. It is now operating perfectly.
It even brought back the presets that it forgot. (I took it in with no presets stored, because I got tired of reprogramming them. When I got it back, it had presets stored that I had put in a long time ago.). I think the bug lied somewhere in the key individualization, where the presets are supposed to change depending on which key goes in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBFL

Reaction score
Hey folks. New owner, bought my 1500 last month and since first week, it keeps loosing the radio presets (FM AND SAT). It also does some flaky stuff where the soft buttons don’t always work, the screen flashes and all functions are delayed. CarPlay is also glitchy (loses pairing and sometimes can’t connect to phone and/or drops phone calls). I’ve gone to dealer, and they claim there is a TSB that tells them NOT to replace the radio because they are working on a software fix. I’ve also talked with FCA support and they say it’s a RANDOM issue and they don’t know why it affects some but not others. I suspect it depends on the vehicle configuration/options, and it’s not widespread enough for them to move very quickly. Does anyone have any other ideas or info on this issue? This is the 8” unit, NO Nav. TIA
I purchased my 2022 Ram in Sept 2021. It has had the radio station preset issue since purchase. It has been to the dealer 4 times with zero positive results but my frustration level has increased! That's a positive - right? All I hear from Ram is "The engineers are working on it and the next software update will correct the issue." Seems to me they need new engineers. I just got off the phone with Ram Cares (talk about an oxymoron!) and they literally said "A software update is coming the first quarter of 2023 that should fix it. Nothing else we can do." Everyone needs to report this issue and start wearing out Ram Cares and dealerships. I'm starting my 16th month of dealing with this serious lack of a sense of urgency to address this issue. Might be time to get rid of this thing and go GM product. All because of a radio...or is it lack of customer service? If they can't fix a radio, what if it's something really serious?

SBFL

Reaction score
I purchased my 2022 Ram in Sept 2021. It has had the radio station preset issue since purchase. It has been to the dealer 4 times with zero positive results but my frustration level has increased! That's a positive - right? All I hear from Ram is "The engineers are working on it and the next software update will correct the issue." Seems to me they need new engineers. I just got off the phone with Ram Cares (talk about an oxymoron!) and they literally said "A software update is coming the first quarter of 2023 that should fix it. Nothing else we can do." Everyone needs to report this issue and start wearing out Ram Cares and dealerships. I'm starting my 16th month of dealing with this serious lack of a sense of urgency to address this issue. Might be time to get rid of this thing and go GM product. All because of a radio...or is it lack of customer service? If they can't fix a radio, what if it's something really serious?
So update: I've been talking with Ram UCONNECT the past week on the preset loss issue. Last week I was told the software fix would be out Mar of 2023. This week (3 Jan 2023) they called to offer me a free oil change and tire rotation for my inconvenience...really? I asked if they could just simply fix my radio. "No" was the answer and there was no expected release date for a software fix. Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread