Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PW Winch line routing

dirt-merchant

Reaction score
So I went to set my winch line on the 2022 PW and run in to some trouble. The line was impossible to pull out (yes the clutch was in free-spool). I used the control to let out some line, and was able to get it past the abraisian guard. Then I set the clutch in free-spool again and could not pull it out as hard as I tried. Looking underneath this is what I see. Is the line supposed to be routed under that support? Seems to me it should route straight from the spool out the fairlead, no?

winch-1.jpg
winch-path1.jpg

DINKELROCK

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I found the same thing on my 2019 that I bought used? I discovered this when I was installing the Factor 55.

Luckily it didn't look like it ever got used.

dirt-merchant

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I found the same thing on my 2019 that I bought used? I discovered this when I was installing the Factor 55.

Luckily it didn't look like it ever got used.
Crazy.
For anyone that is interested the dealer re-routed it when I had it in for an oil change. Now I just need to pre-tension it somehow...

LsDelancy

Reaction score
A lot of dealers will have the detail people prep the vehicles, I really hope none of their service techs would be that daft. Mine was not done, cable was still zip tied to the drum and hook was under back seat. I made the salesman lay on the ground with me and help me get it set up. LOL

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Mine wasn't done either when I picked it up. When I asked, it took a while for them to get back to me. Said the guy who does it had already gone home. That you had to remove some covers and all. So I said I'd schedule an appt to get it done. Got it home and climbed under the truck to look for the cover that needed removed. Saw what actually needed to do it, and got it done. Took about 15 min.

Users who are viewing this thread