Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 PW 8.4- Waze speed way off in Airplay

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
Been driving me nuts for a while now but as soon as I connect my iPhone to airplay to use Waze (or google maps) in my new PW the speed is off by almost 20mph on the Waze app from my speedo (verified accurate). Unplug/disconnect and restart Waze and the speed then matches the speedo/true speed of truck. Somehow it's like my phone is getting it's gps signal from the truck when connected to airplay but it's defintely not matching the speedo. I've tried this with my work iPhone, wifes iPhone, and countless resets and what not on my phone.

Anyone else dealing with this? Or better yet know how to correct it beyond tossing the phone out window? Also losing my presets every couple weeks but already messaged @RamCares on that and they will let me/us know when there is a fix for that.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Been driving me nuts for a while now but as soon as I connect my iPhone to airplay to use Waze (or google maps) in my new PW the speed is off by almost 20mph on the Waze app from my speedo (verified accurate). Unplug/disconnect and restart Waze and the speed then matches the speedo/true speed of truck. Somehow it's like my phone is getting it's gps signal from the truck when connected to airplay but it's defintely not matching the speedo. I've tried this with my work iPhone, wifes iPhone, and countless resets and what not on my phone.

Anyone else dealing with this? Or better yet know how to correct it beyond tossing the phone out window? Also losing my presets every couple weeks but already messaged @RamCares on that and they will let me/us know when there is a fix for that.

Hello RIDEaCANYON,

Thank you for reaching out to Ram Cares regarding your vehicle concern. Can you please provide me the type of phone that you’re using? Also, can you please send me your VIN and Uconnect system information in a PM. I would be happy to see what assistance we can offer for you on this concern.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread