Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 HO electronics issues and emission module problems

gellis4

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been fortunate enough to be able to place an order for a 3500 HO megacab SRW. Unfortunately I've had a number of issues starting at less than 400 miles.

Emissions:
P1e1c-00 is the code that I've been unfortunately plagued with. Ram has reset it 2x, and replaced the control module without success. I have used the truck the entire time, it hasn't yet gone into limp mode.

Electronics:
This is what is seriously impacting my day to day. I'm having a ton of recurring issues.
Video from this morning (10/13) on my way to work.

Issues are as follows-
-Uconnect box error
-Turn signals and brake lights say theyre out. Theyre working fine. They blink normal speed except for the lights in the mirrors, they blink quickly. The icon on the dash and the sound blink in double time.
-Parking sensors dont work.
-Trailer brake controller errors, and also doesnt work with my trailer even after rewiring the trailer.
-dashboard goes black, along with uconnect screen.
-interior lights go out when dash goes out.
-USB under screen stops working.
-garage door opener stops working.
-windows stop working when dash goes out, along with various lights for controls in the truck.

This stuff has become daily, it's scheduled for the dealer on Tuesday Oct 18th. I'm not extremely hopeful for a resolution, but maybe someone else has been unfortunate to have an experience like this and can shed some light.

superjoe83

Reaction score
It's probably not the issue, but there have been cases of fuses not being fully seated in the fuse box, I would make sure all fuses and relays are fully seated

Erock645

Reaction score
Mine started doing similar stuff 2 weeks ago. Whole dash on/off intermittently, Blind spot monitoring going out randomly, etc. Its at the dealer now. Along with this, my battery voltage would fluctuate like crazy. Dealer originally said alternator was "overcharging" so they replaced that and the BCM. As soon as I picked it up at the dealership, the BSM and voltage were still fluctuating. I immediately turned around and told them it wasn't fixed. Now they say I need a new PCM. Currently at the dealership now figuring out how long that will take to order in an fix. Hopefully that fixes it, as its been in the shop for nearly 2 weeks now.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you having these issues. I hope the dealer gets it sorted out for you.

If you think it will help, you can PM @RamCares here and get them involved.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Sorry to see you having these issues. I hope the dealer gets it sorted out for you.

If you think it will help, you can PM @RamCares here and get them involved.
Thank you so much for tagging us! It's truly the best way to get our attention.

We'd love to look into this for you! Can you please send us a direct message?

Callie
Ram Cares

gellis4

Reaction score
Mine started doing similar stuff 2 weeks ago. Whole dash on/off intermittently, Blind spot monitoring going out randomly, etc. Its at the dealer now. Along with this, my battery voltage would fluctuate like crazy. Dealer originally said alternator was "overcharging" so they replaced that and the BCM. As soon as I picked it up at the dealership, the BSM and voltage were still fluctuating. I immediately turned around and told them it wasn't fixed. Now they say I need a new PCM. Currently at the dealership now figuring out how long that will take to order in an fix. Hopefully that fixes it, as its been in the shop for nearly 2 weeks now.
My dealer has the truck, and apparently has tried replacing the PCM and it didn't resolve all the issues it's been having. They were in contact with someone at Ram and the next step is replacing the wiring harness from the PCM to the DCM (which has been replaced already). No clear answers on whether or not the PCM resolved any issues with the other electronics stuff.

Whenever the truck goes dark like this it starts with a message on my dashboard saying something about the Trailer Brake Control module. Then the 12" Uconnect goes black, followed shortly by the dashboard. It's weirdly intermittent, sometimes it'll happen 3 times on my 8 mile drive into work, or it won't happen for days/weeks.

Another slap in the face, although I suppose I'm fortunate to get a loaner vehicle... Is the Kia Forte they put me in at the dealer I've been using for service. It smells like stale cigarettes and old marijuana. I suppose it saves on fuel, haha.
I'll reach out to RamCares if/when I get the truck back, hopefully they won't have it for as long as Erock.

Erock645

Reaction score
so after replacing the PCM, all seemed fine until today. Remote started the truck and noticed when I got in, no dash, radio, etc. so I guess I’m sending back to the dealership Monday. Dealership originally said what is happening is the pcm was faulting and causing the battery to overcharge so the dash and radio and everything shut off as a safety feature for over amperage. Don’t know why it’s doing it again, but is really annoying. Worst part is that I’m currently about 75 miles from home with my travel trailer and if it acts up on the way back, I don’t think I’ll have any trailer lights.

gellis4

Reaction score
What they found with my truck - there was a grounding issue. I got it back about a week ago, and it hasn't had any big issues since. It was the G920a ground connection that likely caused all my issues. They noticed that when they moved the body harness it would cause intermittent high resistance (so it says on the work order).

I hope they sort your issues out! I'm glad to report no major issues since I've gotten mine back.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My dealer has the truck, and apparently has tried replacing the PCM and it didn't resolve all the issues it's been having. They were in contact with someone at Ram and the next step is replacing the wiring harness from the PCM to the DCM (which has been replaced already). No clear answers on whether or not the PCM resolved any issues with the other electronics stuff.

Whenever the truck goes dark like this it starts with a message on my dashboard saying something about the Trailer Brake Control module. Then the 12" Uconnect goes black, followed shortly by the dashboard. It's weirdly intermittent, sometimes it'll happen 3 times on my 8 mile drive into work, or it won't happen for days/weeks.

Another slap in the face, although I suppose I'm fortunate to get a loaner vehicle... Is the Kia Forte they put me in at the dealer I've been using for service. It smells like stale cigarettes and old marijuana. I suppose it saves on fuel, haha.
I'll reach out to RamCares if/when I get the truck back, hopefully they won't have it for as long as Erock.
Hey @gellis4 ,

If you feel up to it, sending us a DM preemptively can help escalate the process. We can certainly help while your vehicle is at the dealer!

Callie
Ram Cares

ctdfan

Reaction score
What they found with my truck - there was a grounding issue. I got it back about a week ago, and it hasn't had any big issues since. It was the G920a ground connection that likely caused all my issues. They noticed that when they moved the body harness it would cause intermittent high resistance (so it says on the work order).

I hope they sort your issues out! I'm glad to report no major issues since I've gotten mine back.
Having a similar issue with my pickup. Any chance anyone knows where the G920a ground connection is?

223500DRW

Reaction score
ya I do. it's called sell it back to the dealer. I'm very upset with ram currently as I lost 10k on my truck it had all sorts of issues and the technicians at the dealerships i have been to have all been trash common theme these days as they are all part slapers vs getting into the knitt and gritty of schematics like us older generation. the problem is warranty time pays nothing so they don't care about us until it's out of warranty and we have to open our pocket books. hope the rest of you have better lucks with your ho, transmission and radio. mine was a lemon and my wife and I got fed up with dealership visits and driving it felt like it would leave us stranded as well so I sold it back to highest paying dealer within 2 hrs one way drive.

Users who are viewing this thread