Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 68RFE dipstick part number

Trash Panda

Reaction score
Recently purchased a new-to-me 2022 ram 2500 with the 6.7/68RFE combo, and it has had the dealer recall for the transmission vent and dipstick done with the insane 15” “dipstick”.

I am posting to verify the correct part number for the actual locking dipstick, so that I can drop the pan & change the fluid to get the correct fluid level, as well as install my PPE pan & filters. I’ve tried with my local dealer, and they are of absolutely zero help.

I was given a revmax 4th Gen locking dipstick by a buddy, but I have been made to understand that Mopar has the correct part for the new trucks, and that part number is:

CSSPZA31AB​

Would anyone be able to verify fittment of this? Or at the very least inform me the measurements of the “min-max” range so that I can properly mark them on my revmax dipstick.

Thanks to all who read this!

-TP

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a new-to-me 2022 ram 2500 with the 6.7/68RFE combo, and it has had the dealer recall for the transmission vent and dipstick done with the insane 15” “dipstick”.

I am posting to verify the correct part number for the actual locking dipstick, so that I can drop the pan & change the fluid to get the correct fluid level, as well as install my PPE pan & filters. I’ve tried with my local dealer, and they are of absolutely zero help.

I was given a revmax 4th Gen locking dipstick by a buddy, but I have been made to understand that Mopar has the correct part for the new trucks, and that part number is:

CSSPZA31AB​

Would anyone be able to verify fittment of this? Or at the very least inform me the measurements of the “min-max” range so that I can properly mark them on my revmax dipstick.

Thanks to all who read this!

-TP
Ram revised that locking dipstick and updated it part way through the recall campaign. The latest one is 44” long, has the locking head, and can be used to check your fluid as normal. Ram put out a customer satisfaction campaign to replace all of those 15” dipsticks with the more recent useable one. You can contact a dealer and have them look it up. They order you the part free of charge. IMG_5019.jpeg

Trash Panda

Reaction score
Ram revised that locking dipstick and updated it part way through the recall campaign. The latest one is 44” long, has the locking head, and can be used to check your fluid as normal. Ram put out a customer satisfaction campaign to replace all of those 15” dipsticks with the more recent useable one. You can contact a dealer and have them look it up. They order you the part free of charge. View attachment 68029
I took that exact notice to my local dealer here in Cheyenne, and I got a whole bunch of shrugs.

At this point, I’d rather order the correct part for 13 bucks, than waste diesel driving 45 minutes down to Fort Collins to a dealer that has a clue. Cowboy dodge here is truly next-level awful.

Is the part number I posted the correct new full length dipstick that they are offering?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I took that exact notice to my local dealer here in Cheyenne, and I got a whole bunch of shrugs.

At this point, I’d rather order the correct part for 13 bucks, than waste diesel driving 45 minutes down to Fort Collins to a dealer that has a clue. Cowboy dodge here is truly next-level awful.

Is the part number I posted the correct new full length dipstick that they are offering?
I’m not sure if the number is correct. Where did you get that number?

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Digging around the various forums. It’s popped up twice, but neither instance came with verification of fit.
I had to go back and dig through my recall notes. This is the most recent info I have, which showed the part number you listed as well as a photo someone shared of the updated design. IMG_1465.jpegIMG_1466.jpeg

Trash Panda

Reaction score
I had to go back and dig through my recall notes. This is the most recent info I have, which showed the part number you listed as well as a photo someone shared of the updated design. View attachment 68030View attachment 68031
Awesome, I cannot thank you enough for sharing that.

I’m gonna go ahead and just order the correct part myself, seeing as I can’t even get my dealer to acknowledge that it exists, much less get them to order it for me. I do wonder why they spec’d a new dipstick tube, but I’m definitely not going to even bridge that conversation with the guys at Cowboy Dodge.

Mind blowing levels of incompetence there.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The new disptick tube has a flange for the new stick plug to grip.

I don't recall if anyone ever measured the ID or checked a new stick in an old tube for fitment.

Trash Panda

Reaction score

I don't recall if anyone ever measured the ID or checked a new stick in an old tube for fitment.
Either way, I’ll just throw the new tube in, seeing as it shouldn’t take but about 10 minutes.

Coming from GM gassers the last 20 years, I have been throughly disappointed with the dealer support on this truck.

OLEJOE

Reaction score

The new locking dipstick will fit in the original tube. That’s what I have in my truck now. It’s tight trying to get it out too. Have to unlock it and wiggle it to get it out. I checked it against the original non locking dipstick and it’s the same length. I started to go back and try to get the tube with the crimp in it but it holds very well in the original tube.

Trash Panda

Reaction score
The new locking dipstick will fit in the original tube. That’s what I have in my truck now. It’s tight trying to get it out too. Have to unlock it and wiggle it to get it out. I checked it against the original non locking dipstick and it’s the same length. I started to go back and try to get the tube with the crimp in it but it holds very well in the original tube.
Yeah, the new dipstick fit the original tube just fine, but in the interest of having the recall parts all on together, I took the 10min to swap the tube out as well.

Probably me being more neurotic than anything, but better safe I guess?

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Yeah, the new dipstick fit the original tube just fine, but in the interest of having the recall parts all on together, I took the 10min to swap the tube out as well.

Probably me being more neurotic than anything, but better safe I guess?
After the show I had to put on to get the long locking dipstick, since it fit so well, I decided to just let it slide. Got the Y43 done yesterday by them and they didn’t seem to be holding a grudge.

Users who are viewing this thread