Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 2500 Tradesman Transmission Downshift Issue

TW720HVY

Reaction score
I did a couple of searches for this but did not come up with anything, hopefully this is not a duplicate topic.

This past week our 2022 2500 Tradesman started shifting harder than usual, it has 10,000 miles on it, mostly country and highway driving with half the time pulling a goose neck horse trailer. Just had some friends in town and did a lot of city and highway driving for several days, and I just thought it was the TCU learning the new driving habits.

Today I hooked the trailer to it, the up-shifting was fine, as was most of the down shifting, but going from 3rd to 2nd in T/H mode really shifted hard, basically banging into gear. I tried a couple different ways of slowing down, early, late and with the steering wheel gear selector. 75% of the time banged into gear, even doing so without the trailer in T/H mode.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there any additional information as to what could be causing this?

I am still hopeful it's re-learning, but the more it does it, the more I think it's something else.

flan

Reaction score
I get a occasional harsh downshift while in th as well. I believe it’s new since the CP4 recall, they did reflash the computer.

TW720HVY

Reaction score
I don't believe my truck was part of the CP4 recall, and I have not had it to the dealership yet.

Users who are viewing this thread