Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 12" UConnect issues

Texasram1

Reaction score
Been away from this site for a while...but now that I have some issues I figured I see what y'all think.

My Uconnect has really been acting up lately:

1) almost every time I turn my truck off and then open the door, the stereo keeps playing for a while
2) Many times I turn my truck on and the Uconnect seems fine, but a few seconds later it will emit a screeching sound that does not stop unless I shut the truck off. When this happens the screen can be blank and unresponsive, or a normal screen but also unresponsive.
3) Randomly upon shut off (radio still playing, per #1) I get a wifi network menu to download updates. No matter what I do, I don't think the system ever actually updates

I've visited the uconnect site and entered my VIN to see if I need an update, but nothing ever shows up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks fellas

Wheelz

Reaction score
do you know what version of uconnect 5 you're still on? A lot of patches since the last year came out.
Try reading this read...

probably just update your software manually or have your dealership do it for you.

Texasram1

Reaction score
I'm not sure what version I have. How can I check?

xcountry1582

Reaction score
NM, I found it. FCA-MY22.S26.17-PROD
I have the same version also and have been having the same issue with #1 that you have. I recently took mine to the dealer to have it looked at. They pulled the radio to get a serial number to put in a case with UConnect but once it got put back, it was working fine. They're thinking it was a pinched wire. It might be the software, it might be the wiring. I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread