Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Power Wagon Height

CurtJ

Reaction score
Looking at trading my 2019 2500 4x4 BigHorn Cummins for a 2021 Molten Orange 75th PW. My question is, will it fit in a garage with normal 9x7 doors?
Dealer does not have one on the lot and will have to dealer trade if they can. Just want to make sure it will fit in my garage before I commit.
Thanks in advance!

CurtJ

Reaction score
Based on the car wash and Culver's drive through I'd say it's pretty close to 6' 7" in stock form.
Thanks. I really can’t believe they would build such a truck that wouldn’t fit through a standard 9x7 door but then again I know my luck. Based on specs I found on the web it sets as high as my 2500 with the 20” wheels, 80.9”
So, we shall see.

Shake N Bake

Reaction score
My garage door opening is exactly 7'. My stock 75A will fit. I have about 1.5" from the top of the shark fin to the header when I back in. When I drive the truck in nose first I have less than an inch from fin to header ( my garage floor is 1.5" higher than my driveway so the front tires bump up and get the fin close to the opening). Once I remove the decorative fascia under my header, I can gain another 3/4" and then I can shop for some 35s.

unxpctd

Reaction score
I was questioning this before I bought my 75A. I knew it would be close.

I have 7 foot doors.....actually 82.5 to 83 inches.

My PW fits inside without an issue...but it is close...about 1 inch to spare.

I doubt I'll be able to put 35's on...but soon enough after I retire, buy a new home with 8' doors.

A stock PW will fit in 7' high doors...but be sure it's actually 84 inches or just less....anything less than 82ish and you'll be pushing it.

Forgot to add: It also comes down to the grade on your driveway leading up to the door. I have a slight downhill (very slight) from the door and that helps.

If you're going downhill into the garage...you'll have issues.

CurtJ

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Didn’t do the deal, the stealership tried to jack the price $1500 on me because of so called market adjustment............I told him as a Chrysler retiree mygreen slip price didn’t include any type of market adjustments and he let me know my EP price was adjusted $1500 more..........needless to say I told him to keep his PW

unxpctd

Reaction score
There are other PW's out there....go find one! Be willing to travel though. It will work out!

I've said it before...and I'll say it again. With the proliferation of electric vehicles in the upcoming years, expanded charging infrastructure and better technology (faster charging times, etc)
This will probably be the last gas powered vehicle I'll ever buy. Enjoy it while you can!

GeneralClortho

Reaction score
I have a 7' garage door and I mine probably won't fit. I backed in to get the rear out of the sun and it looked like if the shark fin would clear, it would be maybe 1/4" or less so I did not chance it.

I figure with 35's I am right at 7', maybe a hair less.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Didn’t do the deal, the stealership tried to jack the price $1500 on me because of so called market adjustment............I told him as a Chrysler retiree mygreen slip price didn’t include any type of market adjustments and he let me know my EP price was adjusted $1500 more..........needless to say I told him to keep his PW

Only $1500?? That's not bad.

When I went in to work out the final details before picking up my 75th I had ordered, they were talking about $10K to $15K mark ups now on them. I asked him was my deal still good at $750 over invoice? He said yes. And I still got my incentives.

Users who are viewing this thread