Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 6.7 ram.

Carpetcleaner

Reaction score
Just took this truck in for 4 recalls and a full dpf. It is under warranty for 2 more weeks and it has 34000 miles. They said if the factory filters were not used the warranty does not cover the dpf and it will cost 3000 dollars to replace it. My vehicles are services regularly with oil and filter changes. Why would an air filter to fit original oem specs be different from a mopar filter. I think this is bs.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Just took this truck in for 4 recalls and a full dpf. It is under warranty for 2 more weeks and it has 34000 miles. They said if the factory filters were not used the warranty does not cover the dpf and it will cost 3000 dollars to replace it. My vehicles are services regularly with oil and filter changes. Why would an air filter to fit original oem specs be different from a mopar filter. I think this is bs.

While these engines are picky about their air filters, the dealership would have to prove that the aftermarket filter caused the DPF issue.

The Mopar air filter with the part number AF53034051AB is the best filter to run for your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread