Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram2500 Sound System - Poor Sound Quality

Heatmizer3791

Reaction score
I've just bought a new (to me) Ram 2500 Bighorn. Love the truck so far. However the sound quality on the Sound System is awful. Doesn't' matter the source (Bluetooth, Radio, XM, etc). This is not the "Static" problem that I've read on other threads in this forum. Its hard to explain, but the sound is very "Tinny". I checked the unconnect website and checked the VIN against the latest update and its all good. I've went through the process of doing a system reset several times, all to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem, and were you able to resolve?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Low quality system is the issue. You're going to have to upgrade the speakers to get better sound.

unclelala

Reaction score
I've just bought a new (to me) Ram 2500 Bighorn. Love the truck so far. However the sound quality on the Sound System is awful. Doesn't' matter the source (Bluetooth, Radio, XM, etc). This is not the "Static" problem that I've read on other threads in this forum. Its hard to explain, but the sound is very "Tinny". I checked the unconnect website and checked the VIN against the latest update and its all good. I've went through the process of doing a system reset several times, all to no avail.

Anyone else have this problem, and were you able to resolve?
year and trim package, or which sound system is it?

CFE

Reaction score
It's a 2020 Ram Bighorn, not sure of the sound system, but I can see if something tells me.
Does your center dash speaker say Harmon Kardon, Alpine or nothing/doesn't have a center dash speaker?

Heatmizer3791

Reaction score
Even with the base system, I can hardly believe that it is designed to sound so poorly. I can turn up the bass and midrange while turning down the treble to make it "tolerable", but just seems it should be a lot better.
Other users let me know what you think please!

Reactions: CFE

CFE

Reaction score
Even with the base system, I can hardly believe that it is designed to sound so poorly. I can turn up the bass and midrange while turning down the treble to make it "tolerable", but just seems it should be a lot better.
Other users let me know what you think please!
I'm one of those guys who always upgrades their speakers as I think every stock system is less than stellar.

unclelala

Reaction score
I assume you have the base system (non-Alpine/Harmon Kardon) - which is 6 speakers i think (someone please correct me if i'm wrong)
Yeah, no brand on that, I think your correct.

Users who are viewing this thread