Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 6.4 2500 2.5 inch lift/level

White Lotus

Reaction score
I recently installed a Rough Country 2.5 inch leveling/lifts kit on my truck. Love the look. I also to snow removal and now tgat it’s increased in height I’m wondering if my plow would need to be adjusted. Any members have a similar kit installed and what was needed to ensure proper operation of the plow? It’s the 2.5 inch spacers and also switched the shock absorbers. The pic without the salter was before the level installation. My rubbers are 295 65 r20 if it matters.

Attachments

• 16C0A0B0-3309-4133-9EBF-68C8A1C0DCBF.jpeg
    16C0A0B0-3309-4133-9EBF-68C8A1C0DCBF.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5373.jpeg
    IMG_5373.jpeg
    504.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5371.jpeg
    IMG_5371.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 66

Dave01

Reaction score
I can't tell if that is a Fisher mount or other. If Fisher, raising the plow mounts will change the angle of attack of the blade, plus possibly make it harder to mount. With your modest lift I think you'd still get it to engage the pins for mounting. Depending on which blade you have the angle of attack may be adjustable, it's a pain but can be done.

If your plow leans forward a bit more, which the lift would do, your cutting edge won't bite in quite as well. Not sure where you are or what you plow but if it was me, I'd mount the plow, if mounting goes ok just give it a try and see if you mind the difference.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
I have a 2” level on my 2500 and run a SNOWAY plow, the body side plow frame is adjustable, so my installer moved my frame down a hole.

White Lotus

Reaction score
I can't tell if that is a Fisher mount or other. If Fisher, raising the plow mounts will change the angle of attack of the blade, plus possibly make it harder to mount. With your modest lift I think you'd still get it to engage the pins for mounting. Depending on which blade you have the angle of attack may be adjustable, it's a pain but can be done.

If your plow leans forward a bit more, which the lift would do, your cutting edge won't bite in quite as well. Not sure where you are or what you plow but if it was me, I'd mount the plow, if mounting goes ok just give it a try and see if you mind the difference.
It’s a Western Ultramount for a MVP3 plus… I plow commercial lots and residential…. I’ll be putting plow on tomorrow and see what happens… thanks for your insight. It’s appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread