Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 RAM 3500 "Clunk"

pwrhws

Reaction score
Just picked up my 2020 Ram 2500 Diesel fresh off the train on 10/27. Hit a low patch in the road a couple houses before mine and got the same clunk first time and every time I hit since. Ran that same patch over for over two years with my 2017 Ram 2500 Diesel and never got that clunk in the right front. Checked the body mounts on that side, all seem tight. It’s so annoying, would love to hear a fix for it.
Have you had it to the dealer?

500k 5.9

Reaction score
Supposedly ram has a TSB out on front and rear mounts but I cannot personally confirm that. I have had a star report on mine for over a year. Ram Cares got involved about six months ago but nothing ever came about it. I'm going to drop by the dealership hopefully tomorrow to see what's up. I'll update if anything happens. Overall it's been a decent truck. 42,500 miles and the check engine light came on once for DEF out of spec. Topped it off with fresh def and all was good. It's nothing like my 06 5.9 3500 C/C dually tho. 500k and counting. Still have original u- joints in it! And tows way over GCW every day. The 06 got me thru some hard times when I didn't have a pot to p'$$ in or a window to throw it out of!
Have you had it to the dealer?
4 times. They had it a week the first time. had it for 3 weeks the second time 3 weeks for the third time. Almost 3 months the last time and put almost 800 miles on it! Only for them to tell me there's nothing we can do. Ram Cares got involved but same answer. So now that there's a TSB out, I'll try again.

pwrhws

Reaction score
4 times. They had it a week the first time. had it for 3 weeks the second time 3 weeks for the third time. Almost 3 months the last time and put almost 800 miles on it! Only for them to tell me there's nothing we can do. Ram Cares got involved but same answer. So now that there's a TSB out, I'll try again.
Were they unable to recreate customer's concerns? Or did they at least acknowledge the noise and were unable to identify and repair?

relbus

Reaction score
3 day old 2020. 300 ish miles on it. Backing out of my driveway and cutting the wheel as it drops off the curb it makes an alarming pop/clunk. I’m thinking mine has this issue

GulfCoastRam

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 MegaCab with 5,100 miles that has all of the gremlins, the first one noticed was the rattling cab mounts. I have been working with my dealer on this since Feburary 2020, they did the TSB but it has not completely fixed that issue. I have been getting a popping/clicking that can be felt in the steering wheel when turning, I have recently found that it is coming from the end of the steering drag link at the right wheel.

After doing some digging I found a Star case addressing this issue, the number is S2019000004. There is also one dip in the road just a bit from my house that makes the front right clunk when I drive over it. I dont know if the two a related but I am gonna take it in to have the drag link replaced and will see if it still does it afterwards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-153110_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-153110_Drive.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread